Guitar amps/speakers for djing

DanS

Hey,
Just wondering, is it okay/would it sound okay to dj on guitar amps/speakers? Like marshall or something? Because my friend has some and it's easier to borrow them from him than hire new stuff.
Cheers

if the amp has line level ins then it shouldnt be a problem, but the output from an electric guitar isn't line level but much lower, and it might fuck it up if you plug a mixer in

also most guitar amps are mono so you'd need to convert your mixer's stereo output to mono or just use the right or left channel

I reckon it depends on what you're using it for, like how many people will u be playing to and where, as I have used amps/speakers, both bass and guitar, and the soundquality is affected somewhat, and it is hard to sort out the levels and such. the advice up thar from perspective is spot on tho. oh and its especially poor if you're only using a 1500W bass speaker in a cavernous social club full of fucking chavs! (hmm think that's opening an old wound...)

my mate ruined his marshall doing this, just a warning. if u use a line in rather than the guitar channels, but even so it fucks it up eventually if u pump it cuz the cones designed to handle certain frqs. etc. kida the same idea as running ur guitar thru a bass guitar amp.

yeh definite no no on this. Active/passive pa speakers should be used really, it'll be worth it!

Back when i used to play in a band, i used my guitar amp for bass, vocals and even electric drums.

You just have to EQ it right on your amp. With speakers, its usually pretty obvious if you are killing them.

Back
Top Bottom