Skadi - One Less Me [Free]
Justice & Metro - Dope Boy [Modern Urban Jazz]
Homemade Weapons - Shujinko MVP [Weaponry]
Heartdrive - Sindicate [Pleasure District]
Metro - Mallet [Ortem]
SpaceMatters - Disorbed [CX Digital]
Dominic Petrie - Ephemerol Test [Ingredients]
Icons - Repro House [Modern Urban Jazz]

tracklist looking good. Will give this a listen in the coming days (y)

Big up to Rob for this fine selection. Very happy to have you as a guest mate - it's proving to be popular on both our sites. Nice one!

Finished Rob. Great mix mang! The over all flow to this one was really nice. I have a question tho. Do you start some of these from after the 1st drop to mix them in and then just switch the bassline? I'm working on some experimental stuff and im having a tuff time on some of the tunes that don't have anything but noise to mix off of. I can get them on as far as melody go but when the beats come in they are off and i know its because they dont start in the standard format but cant tell what the hell is going on ha ha. Prolly not the right place to ask you this either but oh well ha ha.

listened to this yesterday. Great selection, love how you went for the Modern Urban Jazz tunes. Have to delve in their back catalogue, very underrated label it seems.

Mixing spot on as well as far as my limited DJ knowledge goes. KennyKen/10 will listen again (y)(y)

Great mix! Slick mixing and awesome selection, right up my street at the minute even though I barely knew any of the tunes...got loads to look into which is always a treat. And oh man that last tune! Great stuff, keep em coming Rob & D.E.D

Finished Rob. Great mix mang! The over all flow to this one was really nice. I have a question tho. Do you start some of these from after the 1st drop to mix them in and then just switch the bassline? I'm working on some experimental stuff and im having a tuff time on some of the tunes that don't have anything but noise to mix off of. I can get them on as far as melody go but when the beats come in they are off and i know its because they dont start in the standard format but cant tell what the hell is going on ha ha. Prolly not the right place to ask you this either but oh well ha ha.

Cheers man. Yeh sometimes that's necessary. Are you referring to a particular point in the mix?

listened to this yesterday. Great selection, love how you went for the Modern Urban Jazz tunes. Have to delve in their back catalogue, very underrated label it seems.

Mixing spot on as well as far as my limited DJ knowledge goes. KennyKen/10 will listen again (y)(y)

VERY underrated label indeed - well worth working your way through. Thanks

Great mix! Slick mixing and awesome selection, right up my street at the minute even though I barely knew any of the tunes...got loads to look into which is always a treat. And oh man that last tune! Great stuff, keep em coming Rob & D.E.D

Yeh the last track is a beauty - got a strange skip to it though so doesn't mix very will with drum & bass

Cheers man. Yeh sometimes that's necessary. Are you referring to a particular point in the mix?

nah mang your mix was spot on ha ha....was just wondering as i keep picking up tunes that are damn near non mixable from the start. The Last Hero - Six Directions is one that comes to mind. Sorry but you and Sicx are like the only 2 people that i talk to that actually play tunes like this!

nah mang your mix was spot on ha ha....was just wondering as i keep picking up tunes that are damn near non mixable from the start. The Last Hero - Six Directions is one that comes to mind. Sorry but you and Sicx are like the only 2 people that i talk to that actually play tunes like this!

https://architecturerecordings.bandcamp.com/track/six-directions

This track? Has a hi hat from the beginning....on the off beat though. Nice track actually - thanks haha

An example of one that I always mix from the drop is dBridge - Module Eight - has a 22 second beatless intro then straight into it. So no choice really

When I play this the beat never come in on time...maybe it was the one I was putting it with. Will try again to see if I can figure it out. I was trying to put it with one of the owl traks I think. That whole ep is good mang!

When I play this the beat never come in on time...maybe it was the one I was putting it with. Will try again to see if I can figure it out. I was trying to put it with one of the owl traks I think. That whole ep is good mang!

Cue it on the off beat

Cue it on the off beat

I can't do it ha ha. This has been something that i have always struggled with. It's like my brain and hand will not let me throw something off beat... anyway thanks for the help.

I can't do it ha ha. This has been something that i have always struggled with. It's like my brain and hand will not let me throw something off beat... anyway thanks for the help.

haha mind fuck. There's a kick that comes in at 22 seconds - cue on that?

Back
Top Bottom