Guess what Original Sins new remixes are?

No, was on his Facebook. Not sure I want to hear them tbh. Well maybe T-10 but definitely not Download.

another example of jump up produceres trying to make money off old tunes because their creativity is so limited by what they do they're having trouble coming up with original ideas.

another example of jump up produceres trying to make money off old tunes because their creativity is so limited by what they do they're having trouble coming up with original ideas.

No, another example of a producer doing well off his own back (like it or not the Dr Feel Good EP has been a success amongst the majority) then deciding to try something different i.e. a remix or two

It's not like we've been bombarded with Original Sin remixes of late is it

Original Sin is one of the most creative jump up producers of the moment if you ask me, I hope the remixes turn out well, could be interesting

When you say download do you mean the one by clipz? Cause if so surely it can't get any worse? :P

Download was a big tune when it dropped, although you would have been about 15 so you probably wouldn't be able to appreciate this

That download remix has been about for ages init?

Dun Tink So

There was VIP of Download, I think produced by Clipz, then there was a 2008 VIP which I hardly heard anywhere, also by Clipz

Be intresting to see what OS comes up with coz, I think he's been doin pretty good lately overall

Original Sin is one of the most creative jump up producers of the moment if you ask me, I hope the remixes turn out well, could be interesting

I wouldn't quite say that.

Taxman is more talented in my eyes.

For all of his 'creativity' you can still hear a tune and say, "that is by original sin." And that wreaks of being stale.

I'm not a fan of too much jump up, so can't pretend to be an expert, but I hear a lot of Original Sin tunes and think to myself... "haven't I heard that before?"

My main man for jump-up is Zen, love his style

I'm looking forward to hearing both theses remixes. He said he was remixing them in interview on DnB Awards DVD. I reckon he do wicked job.

that's pretty narrow minded bro, it's not that i don't like your opinion, it's that the whole sentance is wrong

producers remix jump up, liquid, tech, dark (etc) tunes all of the time, it has nothing to do with losing creativity especially seeing as most basslines and usually intro's are completely reworked.

i didn't think you were one to slate sub genres in drum & bass, people need to try something different now and again. i can confidently say i enjoy almost all drum & bass and if i don't like a certain track i will never slag off the whole sub genre, that's just childish.

:confused:

producers remix jump up, liquid, tech, dark (etc) tunes all of the time, it has nothing to do with losing creativity especially seeing as most basslines and usually intro's are completely reworked.

Very true, it happens across the genres, just more so in jump-up because jump-up is big on the dancefloor and therefore dj's want to add some variation to the tunes they play.

I.e if someone hears the intro or sample of a certain tune and expect a certain drop to take place, a remix is a good way of changing it up.

And for good remixes in other genres, like the liquid scene, check Zero T's refusal and the Calibre remix... both very good.

Also Calibre remix of 'Everything's Different' is nice and chilled and very changed from the original.

Remixes are ways of producers interpreting another producers song in a new way... I quite enjoy them.

I wouldn't quite say that.

Taxman is more talented in my eyes.

For all of his 'creativity' you can still hear a tune and say, "that is by original sin." And that wreaks of being stale.

I'm not a fan of too much jump up, so can't pretend to be an expert, but I hear a lot of Original Sin tunes and think to myself... "haven't I heard that before?"

My main man for jump-up is Zen, love his style

I did say "one of" the most creative producers, not trying to say he's the very best here

That's fair enough, but then Zen is guilty of all the "offences" OS is, in often using the same drums, same bass sounds, synth sounds etc.

Zen even put out Hovercraft / Double Bobble, 2 tunes on the same vinyl which were very very similar!

Personally I think with a lot of different artists in the scene you can spot one of their tunes a mile off if you really think about it, which isn't neccessarily a bad thing, it's just a style which works it's way into most of their work

I did say "one of" the most creative producers, not trying to say he's the very best here

That's fair enough, but then Zen is guilty of all the "offences" OS is, in often using the same drums, same bass sounds, synth sounds etc.

Zen even put out Hovercraft / Double Bobble, 2 tunes on the same vinyl which were very very similar!

Personally I think with a lot of different artists in the scene you can spot one of their tunes a mile off if you really think about it, which isn't neccessarily a bad thing, it's just a style which works it's way into most of their work

True say... I think my point was more the latter one I made, that when I hear one, I think I have heard it before, but not from him.

To be honest I like some of the guys stuff so no complaints. Taxman is still better in my eyes.

Though I recently picked up an old Jazz and Bass e.p with an original sin tune on it, 'i can't take it.' It was a very early release of his and was good, however it seemed to copy a very twisted individual sound.

I just think that the guy is very 'influenced' if you know what i mean.

that's pretty narrow minded bro, it's not that i don't like your opinion, it's that the whole sentance is wrong

i didn't think you were one to slate sub genres in drum & bass, people need to try something different now and again. i can confidently say i enjoy almost all drum & bass and if i don't like a certain track i will never slag off the whole sub genre, that's just childish.

:confused:

childish it may be, but to me, doing something different would be producing a liquid track. i don't see how remixing old jump up tunes is in anyway challenging himself. i see it as regurgitating old ideas for new profit.

it's honestly not just jump up producers i have issues with. i have said before that there are quite a few liquid and tech producers i can think of who need to broaden their output. what i don't understand is, how everyone on here makes such a big deal about liking all "sub genres" of dnb but never have issues with producers who churn out one type of track over and over again. to me, that's as narrow minded as some one who slags off one type of dnb.

childish it may be, but to me, doing something different would be producing a liquid track. i don't see how remixing old jump up tunes is in anyway challenging himself. i see it as regurgitating old ideas for new profit.

it's honestly not just jump up producers i have issues with. i have said before that there are quite a few liquid and tech producers i can think of who need to broaden their output. what i don't understand is, how everyone on here makes such a big deal about liking all "sub genres" of dnb but never have issues with producers who churn out one type of track over and over again. to me, that's as narrow minded as some one who slags off one type of dnb.

i have lost interest in many artists because of overused drums and basslines, not mentioning any names.. zen and original sin.

but i will always fail to see why people choose this reason to slag off jump up.

as for remixes, like i said many remixes do not sound at all like the originals, i could understand why people think v.i.p's are made for profiting because it really isn't hard to make a v.i.p (its boring too, i've only ever made the one and all i did was polish the original)

i don't think producers in drum & bass are all too interested in the money though, i certainly am not, i produce because i enjoy it and i like to share my creativity through music.

I know what you mean, but then again artist in general stick to a style across most spectrums of music, especially if they have had success with it. Look at any of the camps around, hospital, playaz, ram, soul:r, they all have a specific sound and stick to it, that is what makes them what they are.

I think a better measure of a producers diversity is what they produce on different labels.

Back
Top Bottom