Groundbreaking DnB Tunes

bodyrock. Was completely different to anything else out there. Back in 2001, it was always well received by the ravers.

The tune that kicked off the whole Dylan and Clownsteppin thing!

It wasn't my cup of tea, but then again when it comes to groundbreaking tunes you either love em or hate em!

Without going down the old 1990/91 route, i'd say
Ed Rush: Subway, for me that was the real kick in of the whole 'Hoover Bass' thing.

Gambit, I'm in your camp when it comes to DnB, Current Value, Limewax et al, it's the only way!.....but i'm not sure i would call it groundbreaking, more an exceptional progression.

As for peeps into jump-up or whatever calling it samey...well...ahem.

That reece is shiiiiiiiiiiittt.
I'm sorry if it becasue it is an old tune or something but thats no excuse for sounding like a FL preset!

I pity you! lol

I hope you were being sarcastic! DJ Trace is one of the legends of Techstep son.

It's all good though, you were eating rusks when this tune was released!

Anyways, run along boy, grown folks are talking :)

I pity you! lol

I hope you were being sarcastic! DJ Trace is one of the legends of Techstep son.

It's all good though, you were eating rusks when this tune was released!

Anyways, run along boy, grown folks are talking :)

Bit rude - but trace is good and that tune is old so should be listened to with that in mind.

You say grown folks are talking, but you aren't branching beyond the dark and techstep.. I made comments (pg. 2 at bottom), but to no response, lets converse.

I don't think people think and talk enough about the music beyond saying, "yea i go off to that in a club"..

Bit rude - but trace is good and that tune is old so should be listened to with that in mind.

You say grown folks are talking, but you aren't branching beyond the dark and techstep.. I made comments (pg. 2 at bottom), but to no response, lets converse.

I don't think people think and talk enough about the music beyond saying, "yea i go off to that in a club"..

I have a sizeable collection of all forms of d&b. I've been buying dnb for over 15 years so I've got a selection of techstep, jump up and intelligent d&b. My preference is for the darkside because I find it more groundbreaking than other forms of dnb.

That doesn't mean I'm hating on any other d&b subgenre.

seen. fair enough man, i'm into all sorts of shit as well.

i know what you mean about the techstep / darkside thing being groundbreaking, but that was at the time. nowadays there hasn't been too much movement or progression within that scene.

there isn't that much groundbreaking stuff in dnb, in terms of musicality, maybe its big in our scene, but doesn't make a blip on the outside world.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCoCTkC0oL0[/youtube]

Future Sound of London - Papa New Guinea

thread

i know theres been a lot of groundbreaking stuff done in dnb over the years but the politics and cliquiness about the subject really fucks me off..whats wrong about simply making music? fairplay to the innovators and groundbreakers but some peeps jus wanna make music

Back
Top Bottom