Grooverider's annoying & dodgy sound-effects.......

$pyto

Pavey Farms
VIP Junglist
The last tym I saw the Rider was @ Ruffstuff & Fun's bday bash back in June, and apart from the noticeable clanging of mixes the tune selection was pretty good. The only thing I remember really fuckin me off was every other tune being drowned out with annoying gun-shots & alarm sounds. After about 40mins into the set pplz were literally looking around & looking at each other with 'wtf' expressions!

Now every Grooverider set I listen to recently, the last of which is from RC 19, all u can hear drowning out perfectly good tunes are these dodgy sound-effects. Once OK fair enough, twice maybe.......but after a while you think he would of got bored of it????!!!!!!!!

Jus wonderin if pplz had seen or heard a Grooverider set & thought the same? Would of actually been a good set if he tightened up his mixes n stopped ths bullshit!

Peace.

no it really is just grooveriders radio jingles... i played after him back in june and he was constantly playing them.. "groove grooove groooverider groove groove grooverider" and by the end it was getting a bit much! constant gunshots at the perfect time to ruin a tune.. they are acceptable on radio but not in a club

star-wars-in-your-pocket.jpg

you sure its just his set. because im sure i remember people complaining about the same thing happening at skibba's bangers and mash rave.

Yea sure it's just him - do you mean Bangers & Mash Part 2? Probably because Grooverider played tht nite! Peace.

just got back from warning @ junction... and Grooverider did play a few gun shot noises and some wierd other random noises now and agen... but it was still a sick set !!!!

he needs to stop doing it , did it all during his set at warning saturday night , proper annoying imo , should put more effort in to his mixing as that was pretty shocking , sound effects sound ok on the radio but not in a club

Yea sure it's just him - do you mean Bangers & Mash Part 2? Probably because Grooverider played tht nite! Peace.

Nah it was the first one.

Was all over the whole night.

Ruined the pack.

I thought I was jus dizzled up.

Nah it was the first one.

Was all over the whole night.

Ruined the pack.

I thought I was jus dizzled up.

LOL lookin around all baffled n tht!

O, I didn't fink Rider playd at B&M part 1? Unless he played well early?! Wel if u want to annoy yourself for any reason (or anyone else actually!!) thn listen to his set from part 2! Mite aswell of jus done away wiv the tunes & have the MC's try n chat over gun-shots & sirens & all the other shitty noises he comes up wiv! Peace.

that intro thing wiv tonn piper shouting 'GROOVERIDER GROOVERIDER' is getting propa annoying now n all

Bassline Smith does the same thing. Grooverider can't mix for shit anyway and neither can Simon.

lol youknow that after 20+ years he still can not mixs what is
that about he is just living off other peoples tunes sad and when he dose make a tune he has had someone else make it
for him lol

lol youknow that after 20+ years he still can not mixs what is
that about he is just living off other peoples tunes sad and when he dose make a tune he has had someone else make it
for him lol

Totally agree
GrooveRider is bad at mixing
but
Fabio is a hundred times worse i am from the states seeing fabio play out at innovation, was disturbing every mix was so off beat like whats the point of being a dj an being book over and over i know he is fabio but geeze! if u cant mix seriously. Seriously cant mix then practice when u freeze the dancefloor after every track. I had to leave

Back
Top Bottom