Grooverider's annoying & dodgy sound-effects.......

beenie man has this aswell. all it is EVERY song followed by a stonelove horn and a "hey hey hey hey hey" sample.

grooverider is the worst dj ever..

I am just shocked that he still manages to get gigs, he is just terrible.
Man, if I could play the gigs he's getting I would create wonderfull party's, he just ruins them.
He made me walk out of the party three times so far, and I have seen him three times, he's an ass.

You should all respect them man, even if they're shit at djing. Forefathers of the scene and all that, think how much shit they must've picked up over the years, must have a facking wealth of knowledge.

saw groovekiller with BSE in perth, aus a little while ago. was fucking disgraceful. forgot all the siren sounds he played everytime he clanged. he kept hitting the cue button out of time when it was building up to drop, like the last 16 bars before the tune dropped he would mash the cue button repeatedly, like he was trying to loop it before the drop like alot of house djs do, but doing it with his finger, out of time, and then it just start from the cue point and let it play...

how you can be that involved in the scene and not be able to mix is beyond me. for fucks sake theres a dj over here in perth who can only hear out of one ear and he rips it up on 3 decks all the time.

You should all respect them man, even if they're shit at djing. Forefathers of the scene and all that, think how much shit they must've picked up over the years, must have a facking wealth of knowledge.

All very well and good saying these things, but Grooverider doesn't have a knowledge of DJ'ing... or a knowledge of decency when it comes to using sound effects in a live performance. i'm eating ice cream. your point is invalid.

safe.

I used to love Grooverider sets. In fact - despite the lack of mixing ability - I would specifically listen out for him because being the big name he is meant he got all the dubplates and remixes early. One of my favourite memories was listening to his custom remix of Lighter - which a few others like Mickey Finn and Hype also had. Today, I downloaded his set from Warning in December, and it is honestly shite. It sounds like he has a deaf/blind/mute randomly pressing fx buttons on the mixer, and there really isn't even any attempt to mix in time or at all. I think radio made him lazy.

Back
Top Bottom