grooverider

Rider is one of the true icons of dnb. His sets can be different. One set I remember from 2002 was awesome. innovation 8th birthday. tune after tune after tune. Amazing.

saw groove play at fabric a couple weeks back for the first time since his ordeal in dubai and he was using serrato, like someone said previously..
don't really see how that makes his dj'ing any less respectable, still involves talent of a high level...

buuut also, to be fair i thought his set that night was pretty shit...have definitely heard better from him, but he often loves to play such obscure tunes that he forgets about the more recent ones...and that can get a bit stale sometimes

he played with a laptop both times iv seen him, pretty standard these days, but he done alot for the scene.

I must admit, i weren't feeling that Warning podcast that was posted but i still rate him for what he has done over the years.

saw groove play at fabric a couple weeks back for the first time since his ordeal in dubai and he was using serrato, like someone said previously..
don't really see how that makes his dj'ing any less respectable, still involves talent of a high level...

buuut also, to be fair i thought his set that night was pretty shit...have definitely heard better from him, but he often loves to play such obscure tunes that he forgets about the more recent ones...and that can get a bit stale sometimes

FABRIC SUK ME OFF IN HELL!:ban:

Verdict = Mixing not the hottest but his tune selection is spot on.
He took the crowd up and down and on a real journey.
I often feel that this is a skill lost on many newer djs.
So all in all 9/10
Big up the rider!
:not_worth

Back
Top Bottom