grooverider

danfreeman1

VIP Junglist
does any1 else find his sets so rubbish. considering he does everything on a laptop u wuda thought he could mix two tunes together well. sometimes his tune selection is awefull as well.

didnt say i could, but can u not c where im coming from. his set at sanctuary was probably the worst there. and i saw him a month or so back and he opened his set with blood sugar and then played slam half way through the set. just doesnt really excite me when someone steps up with a laptop and djs

I've seen him play great sets mate.I'm not saying he is the best but they,dj's,can have off days too you know,and regarding the laptop,i've never seen he play with one.

he uses final scratch with a visual aid to tell you when the beats start going off. Two little round circles that go round together when the tunes are on. cheating imo

He might just use that when he's playing at a club/rave/festival and the monitors are shit and the systems crap.
Anyway,at least he wants to have a seamless set,even if he does cheat a bit.

He's usually shit.

But can still really impress.

He's just too old to be bothered most of the time imo.

Still funny on R1 though. Especially him and fabio together.

edit: just saw they're now on sunday 2-4. Bit of a put down. How long's it been like that?

He's proper moody and way too up himself. Havn't got time for people like him.

I've met him a few times,he's always stopped for a chat.
I found Fabio a bit moodier,but other times he's been cool so.............Hype can blow hot and cold too.

does any1 else find his sets so rubbish. considering he does everything on a laptop u wuda thought he could mix two tunes together well. sometimes his tune selection is awefull as well.

Have to agree, only in the last two years or so.

If you want to hear really awful mixing, listen to JJ Forst. Very Shabby even after all these years.

I've always found Grooverider to be pretty friendly, ain't heard him play out in a while tho.

He's always been just vinyl at Breakneck

met him once back in 1995 and he was fine for a little chat, but I can see how he is a bit of a moody bastard. I dunno, he's always admitted to it and thats kinda his persona I guess.
It seems that he puts a lot of emphasis on getting the heaviest tunes, which he can still draw, rather than tight-as mixing. But Slam and Blood Sugar dont really fall into that category ... tbh I havent seen him for 5 years, he was good but I wouldnt pay money just to see him now.

Heh, I dig his radio show - gotta admit I've heard a lot of tunes for the first time on there. He gets fresh tunes but yeah, he does up himself quite a bit and sometimes seems to take credit from the artist that did the tunes, taking some credit for himself for having it and playing it.

I've met him a few times,he's always stopped for a chat.
I found Fabio a bit moodier,but other times he's been cool so.............Hype can blow hot and cold too.

yeah but can probably understand some djs being like that when there a load of people on drugs constantly trying to talk to u when ur mixing lol

You saying i'm on drugs,how dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL,yeah i was ha ha ha ha.............but i would never speak to them while they were playing,as i was most probably 'aving it hard on the dance floor.

yeah true, even after the set then. i never tried talking to some1 on drugs when im straight cos well that never happens. but judging by some of my pics it would probably just be a load of crap lol

ive met hype loads over the years and hes a fucking top notch bloke,always got time to have a chat with the dnb heads!as for grooverider hes never been known for his top notch dj qualities,but hes been there from the start and has pulled off sum massive innovating sets in his time.must goto our head a bit though running your own dnb show on the biggest radio station in the uk!??

Back
Top Bottom