Grooverider going mental to Pendulum's 'Slam'

Wicked tune but I'm confused. I thought 'Slam' was the tune with the "The wrong guy died. they buried his body but his soul survived" sample but this is different. You linked to it last month referring to the end of an Andy C set but now the links dead. El Hornet played that one at Breakneck but I haven't heard it since. Any ideas?

Thrawn said:
Wicked tune but I'm confused. I thought 'Slam' was the tune with the "The wrong guy died. they buried his body but his soul survived" sample but this is different. You linked to it last month referring to the end of an Andy C set but now the links dead. El Hornet played that one at Breakneck but I haven't heard it since. Any ideas?
That was 'Slam', however this version is the final version.

The 'wrong guy died' sample couldn't be cleared in time for the album, so they had to make changes.

This is one of the best intro's evar! :slayer:

the samples used for the vip i believe. and yes folks its official groove has gone barmy

Last edited:
you shoulda seen the roof lift when they played it at the album preview here in Perth, back in Jan... and that was before it had been played out!!!

call the lawyers!!! :uberlaugh

:dutty:

Grooverider trying to compete with it as well I see! I wonder what he's like to his bosses at teh BBC if he's like this with legal rights!

If it's technically dubplate, he can play it wherever, whenever he likes (no publisher's copyright). Sure Pendulum own the intellectual property rights, but you have none of that "unauthorised broadcasting" problem because... Well, there's no record label involved (yet).

Unless he was playing promo copy on vinyl with cat#, but I doubt it. ;)

Fucking hell this track's messy.

xen said:
If it's technically dubplate, he can play it wherever, whenever he likes (no publisher's copyright). Sure Pendulum own the intellectual property rights, but you have none of that "unauthorised broadcasting" problem because... Well, there's no record label involved (yet).

Unless he was playing promo copy on vinyl with cat#, but I doubt it. ;)

Fucking hell this track's messy.
indeed, but he's going to put in jeopardy his chances of getting future dubs from the pendu boys isn't he?

i'm sure it was all a well planned and executed stunt ;)

Alba said:
indeed, but he's going to put in jeopardy his chances of getting future dubs from the pendu boys isn't he?

i'm sure it was all a well planned and executed stunt ;)

Yeh, at the end of the day he's still grooverider and he'll always get the fresh dubs, especially considering he did all that arselicking on air ;) and bigged up the album and all that, elhornet et al are lovin it i'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom