Grooverider Free?

great news!

fucking harsh having to go through what he has been through man

How anyone can be looking forward to hearing him mix is ludicrous, Personally I think he's in the same category as Brockie, did alot for the scene when it was starting out so promoters feel obliged to book em. None on them have any real skills on the decks nor do they ever look like they are actually enjoying it.

Promoter are gonna be slitting each others throats to get grooveriders first set out of bing tho - i personally would rather smuggle a bar of pure heroin into dubai whilst wearing a t shirt saying 'I have hard drugs, please search me' than listen to the clangfest/borefest that would be Grooveriders first out-a-prision set :hagglers:

Rant over, sorry fellas :D

Do you think? I'm hoping his first set back would be bursting with his favourite tracks old & new, some badboy Codename John and unreleased Prototype shit.

Here's hoping!

How anyone can be looking forward to hearing him mix is ludicrous, Personally I think he's in the same category as Brockie, did alot for the scene when it was starting out so promoters feel obliged to book em. None on them have any real skills on the decks nor do they ever look like they are actually enjoying it.

Promoter are gonna be slitting each others throats to get grooveriders first set out of bing tho - i personally would rather smuggle a bar of pure heroin into dubai whilst wearing a t shirt saying 'I have hard drugs, please search me' than listen to the clangfest/borefest that would be Grooveriders first out-a-prision set :hagglers:

Rant over, sorry fellas :D

heard that highly blessed xmas special set of him with that loads of mcs on? ok, there are waaay too many mcs on but apart from that its a really nice set, no major clang and a really nice selection... surely he doesnt mix like andy c or some peeps on here, and i still never saw him playing out, but i enjoyed all his sets so far!

Last edited:
it is good news, even though dubai looks amazing on the outside, i bet 9 months in prison out there was gritty. can't wait to hear him play out again.

already got his magazine deal!:hype:

Attachments

• WomensMAg.jpg
    WomensMAg.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 46
I reckon he should reissue loads of Prototype stuff and do a big Prototype night at the end before it closes..

I know hes not the best technically but he is a good DJ.. his mixing might not be that tight but he is up with Goldie, randall, and Doc Scott in terms of who would be on my ideal line up...

Great news but why should he be given special treatment over other prisoners who deserve to be released as well, and yes i know the answer to that if youre a celebrity alot of things can be pardoned.

er.. he didnt .. there were 700 pardons monsieur. In 2001 there were 6,000!

Minor drugs offences from westeners tend to take priority.. Feel sorry for all the asian prisoners who heve been literally lost in the Saudi prison system

I know someone who got done with 2g of coke and got let out after a few months.. Groove didnt get let out cos he was a celebrity

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/529180-700-prisoners-win-ramadan-pardon?ln=en

its worth chcking before you make statemnents like that ;)

Last edited:
(edited post: Deleted. WTF am I doing. I'm past the age of wanting to get into drama/arguments w/ ppl on internet message boards. I get enough of that at work. What comes around goes around, Raymond Bingham is a sterling example of this)

Last edited:
(edited post: Deleted. WTF am I doing. I'm past the age of wanting to get into drama/arguments w/ ppl on internet message boards. I get enough of that at work. What comes around goes around, Raymond Bingham is a sterling example of this)

Apart from the arguments you start insulting a pioneer of dnb, btw take a look at your forum and the most recent set threads (posted 2006, Grooverider), oh and arguments you start by using the fucking term clownstep which I swear nobody but 15 year olds have used on this forum recently - until you and your Dillinja-insulting youtube hero turned up again, oh and the arguments about you deleting comments you don't agree with in your little, defunct subforum.

I can tell you that everybody raving in 1992 was off their heads on drugs and the music you love - ARDKORE (or whatever) would not have any impact without ecstacy.

FUCKING HELL.

1992 seems to provide a lot fucking more than you, Dustek. Personally I think he has a valid point, first of all, Grooverider broke the rules, it's clearly wrong to smuggle drugs across international borders no matter how small the amount, and how difficult is it to check your pockets before walking through customs?

Also, I see the point '92 is making with the 'what goes around comes around comment', I'm pretty sure it was down to Grooverider that DNB in Southampton was fucked up for so long, something about violence towards a girl...

Personally I don't mind, he's not bad at mixing but I wouldn't show up at an event just to see him. I don't think any of you people would be up in arms if someone random got locked up for taking drugs into another country, so it seems stupid to expect him to get away with it because of some perceived 'national hero' bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom