Groove .. the verdict

OMG!!!!!
4 years for a bit of weed! The law is getting ridiculous!
Such a pioneer of the music...
Give the man a break for:gun: fuck's sake!

This totally, totally sucks.

What's worse is that the exact same thing that's happened to groove happened to an American DJ a couple of years back - the American Government got involved, put pressure on the UAE, and the guy got pardoned and sent back home.

Our government has a policy of "not getting involved in individual cases" meaning that whilst they might say to the UAE that they feel their sentences are harsh, they won't ask them to let Groove out, therefore our man stays locked up.

This whole thing fucking stinks.

4 years for cannabis possesion.. 1 year for killing a baby..

http://archive.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_and_The_Courts/10190707.html

nice

un-motherfucking-believable

do you reckon it was because she was only filipino. i mean they get a lot more people sitting up and taking notice when they sentence a british dj to four years for a bit of weed than if it had been the filipino bitch caught with just over two grams.

those countries make no sense to me. don't even get me started on how they treat women. a friend of mine's dad has just left his entire family, gone back to bangladesh and married a nineteen year old*** what the fuck??????

apparently, the Al Maktoum family have been known to release certain prisoners (on small offences) as a gesture of goodwill before Eid.

maybe Grooves representatives could make a plea to the family?

Damn, Groove had it all, family, making a decent living throwing down drum and bass tunes, getting the freshest dubs. What a fucking waste.

Cant believe this, 2.1 grams , this is a joke - I was in Dubai over christmas, and as much as it is a quality city, these laws are arse backwards -

and that article about the woman getting ONE year for neglecting a baby then dumping it in the rubbish... WTF!!

very sad news...

I bet he's fuckin gutted....2.1 grams - 4 years? This just doesn't make sense, there are so many worse crimes.

I'm never going to Dubai, thats for sure...

Lets all get together and bust him out lol!

What the fuck????? This just sums up the sense of these people! a few joints worth of weed and he gets 4 years! someone needs to have a word!!! lets just hope he gets a pardon

If Groove was a more commercial dj he could hope to get pardoned. A dj playing Noami Campbell's birthday got nicked with coke. Since he was a higher flier than Groove, relatively, he got pardoned.

Groove doesn't have Noami to intervene for him and Fabio just isn't as pretty.

yeah heard this earlier at work....he was pretty stupid for forgettin he had it but 4 years is pretty unbelieveable.

some down my way was drugged up at the wheel and knocked over an old lady on xmas eve and killed her. he got sent on a driving course or some bollocks and thats it.

dont make any sense at all

I know a lot of people on a certain big dnb forum have been being total twats about this and are " yeah..well, he deserved it..shouldnt have taken weed in blah blha".. well we all do stupid things and take dumb risks whaich to be honest we dont always think through but to be facing 4 years in a saudi prison as a black man is not a good thing, they really wont care about him working for the BBC or that he has a big career in dnb...

The story of what has happened since Nov i heard was really unnerving and i really feel for his fam and hope that he gets out soon for his fams sake.

end of the day its quite a corrupt judicial system which he has fallen victim of.

Back
Top Bottom