Groove is Free

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by S.Conspiracy, Jun 1, 2015.

1. S.Conspiracy

S.Conspiracy Member

Something groovy I've been working on for the summer! Would be cool to know everyone's opinion, it's been wicked to work on something for the dancefloor/festivals.

Cheers in advance!

2. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

Simple but nice chords... structure is pretty solid, good variations and contrast between the different sounds.
    Overall a pretty nice track, maybe slightly too many elements makes it feel a little disjointed in places

Only thing lacking is the most important part in drum & bass: the bass! The kinda false sidechain/pumping? effect doesn't really work at this tempo and I think a bassline with some long, smooth notes would sound a lot better...

Just my $0.02, let me know if you agree with me :)

3. S.Conspiracy

S.Conspiracy Member

Cheers for the feedback man! Means a lot. The disjointed effect is something that happens on my tunes quite a lot, I go a bit overboard with the sound selections sometimes so I can relate to that!
    Personally I quite like the sidechaining, it's quite experimental but I'm not the first person to use that kind of thing in a dnb track. Cheers for the opinion, you may be right about the lack of bass, I guess this tune was meant to be a bit of an experiment so it's no surprise that there are a few unpolished elements that stand out!

4. Northern Seagul

Northern Seagul Active Member

mmm, so fresh and warm tune, this guitar and vocal make me happy in this time! : )
    very nice and pretty track mate. nice sounding, like this : )

5. S.Conspiracy

S.Conspiracy Member

Cheers man, I appreciate the kind words! Thanks for taking the time to listen!