Grinda and ZigZag have mastered electro/trance/rave like DNB .... far before I did

SynesthesiaC

I've always had it as an ambition to write melodic trance type DNB songs with ace chord progressions and high synth melodies aswell as the bass. And gawd darn it just as was setting to work on it i find Grinda and ZigZags songs, and fucking hell they are all EXACLTY the type of happy trance DNB I want to write. You should buy some of their tracks, they really are killer.

I decided to procure all of my favorite songs of theirs (they are all this year earliest by the looks of things) and make a mix in cubase of them all in one 40 minute mix track for casual listening.

http://dnbshare.com/download/Grinda_ZigZagrarebootlegmix.mp3.html

And if your fav choice of DNB is anything like mine that should send you into melodic heaven. Its strange that I knew the main aspects I wanted to add to DNB to make it more my own and now they've been done by someone else. Not bothered, their material gives me inspiration if anything :)

So is this a genre that most people like? Or just me?

Coz I would kill to know exactly which synths they use for their main electro effects. Though Kore 2 Komplete Massive and Kontakt are doing the job.

Grinda + ZigZag - Gleaming Star feat.Sequent Industry
Grinda ZigZag - Voyager Feat M4Mind
Grinda ZigZag - Blinding Lie
Grinda Zigzag feat.Tina - Too Late 1
Grinda Zigzag - Knowsphere feat.spirt
Grinda Zigzag - Boomerang
Grinda ZigZag - Get Down
Grinda Zigzag - Heavenlytears
Grinda + ZigZag Ft. Sequent Industry - Another Horizons
Grinda + ZigZag - Vanilla Sky

Last edited:
Re: Grinda and ZigZag have mastered electro/trance/rave like DNB .... far before I di

Gotta love the weirdness that comes out due to extremely drunk postings!

WTF

Re: Grinda and ZigZag have mastered electro/trance/rave like DNB .... far before I di

Gotta love the weirdness that comes out due to extremely drunk postings!

WTF

Nah... you have a love for Art and it shows... nothing wrong with that.
Be thankful you have a passion for something... there are plenty in this world that don't and they're miserable trust me.

I'll get around to dling this mix and checking it out... will reply with feedback in the next couple weeks probably (been busy lately).

tbh I've gone off them a bit too, melodies are a bit repetitive and chords a but predictable. I was using music enahncers when I first listened to them and when wrote this lol but I still defo do like some of their tracks. Esp ones with piano in.

And Thx Protoplasym :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom