Grimey Drum And Bass Generally Played At Squat Parties & Illegal Raves - Artists?

DruMDMAndBass

I hear alot of grimey drum and bass at squat parties and illegal raves, most of it, not all of it obviously, seems to be of maybe a sub-genre, which i am unaware of. Maybe this is not the case and iam being a bit too hopeful, but the type of tunes a hear are grimey, but have alot of attention to detail in the way the beat 'switches' and builds up, and obviously have a heavy bassline.

I was wondering if anyone could name a sub-genre, or a few artists/tunes that are like this, anyone who goes to squat parties will know what i mean, i hope anyway.

Heres a couple of artists i already know of that produce this style of music.. General Malice, High Rankin, Deportee, Bizzy B.

P.S If anyone went to the squat in Hackney Wick this saturday (4.12.10) BIG UPS IT WAS TOO SICK!!!!

Last edited:
alot of those guys ike there breakcore and jungle breakore. the type of sound i hear at these raves is people like: current value, concord dawn, any old renegade hardware, bong ra, rascal and klone etc. i expect the "switching beats" is a reference to breakcore, check out bizzy b's new stuff as well.

Listening to a few of Bong Ra's tunes, this is exactly what i was looking for! Safe as fuckkkkkkkk.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Enduser seems to be pretty mucch bang on what i was lookin for too.. hes got some sick tunes..

Bizzy B Is immense, tunes like Fire, sick mate thanks for that.. Any other artists like that that anyone can think of?.. Dizast, Tenchu & Kos - Terror War is a good example of the sorta style im lookin for. Anyone who can help me just gimme some ideas, i think this style of drum and bass is dirtier than in your face jump up, the beats just get rinsed lol, to me anyway. Yeah so leave some suggestions if you can :)

Safe As Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Last edited:
Squat rave?

Really are some fucking retarded names for things nowadays....

Its called a Squat Party because the organisers use Squatters Rights to gain entry to the building, sometimes anyway. Squatters Rights is something in Britain where if a building is left unoccupied and unsecure, i.e an open window, then someone can gain access to that property, and change the locks so that they are 'squatting' in that property. Theres much more to it but i dont know a great deal about it. But yeah, thats why its got that 'fucking retarded' name.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

You need to search up a producer called Jahba.

Yeah man, hes rude. Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Really?? I wouldnt describe this as a typical squat rave tune.

However, this is...

Nah man i wouldnt say Blandwagon Poo's is a typical Squat Party tune, just kinda along the same lines the way the beat sounds so rude and dirty. I like the way the beat switches every 8 or 16 bars or whatever, cant remember off the top of my head but it sounds heavy. Same as that Terror War tune by Koz, Disazt & Tenchu.
Safe man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man, i found loads of sick tunes , heres like what i was looking for, SixteenArmedJack, Debaser, LiveWire, High Rankin, General Malice, KCB Kid, Deportee.. Anyone know of any artsist similar? Thankssssssssss.

Back
Top Bottom