grime

logikz

I Am Not The King
Fat tunes!! got to love the english for continously coming up with new styles of music. Stores here in amsterdam barely got it too, found but one and the bastard wants something like 27 eur for a cd!!! Whats the word, you like grime and dubstep?

yep, yep and same here. been on it since 02-03 when i had a serious crisis of faith in drum'n'bass scene here, and sought out new music. I had to go a-netsurfing to find anything decent to listen to, once I figured out what it was.
At first I was a bit 'eh?" about the names they called it like dubstep and grime and sub-lo and eski ... ad nauseum. but its all part of figuring out a new musical form i guess.
got a couple of good plasticman mixes if ya like i'll post'em.

Yeah Grime's shit hot, too many quality artists to mention.

I'm liking lots of Grime & Dubstep musically...

But do a bit bored of a lot of the 'jackin mans on road' MCin...

I don't hold that against it too much, I know it's not real, just hope the kids spittin it do too.

Everyone should check out Lady Sovereign, you'll be really surprised. Not especially 'Hoodie' and the pop stuff, but the dark stuff like 'Shh!' is cold as ya like!

grime_v1.jpg

Dj Capital J - GRIME Vol 1 (Quickmix)

All my Grime heads get in on this one! Sounds of the UK Grime thrown down
Cap J style, make sure you check this mix!​

Just found this on Capital J's web site! Listening now! :)

I just had a 10 minute go at making Grime! :teeth:

Attachments

• sdm-10minGrime.mp3
    173.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hate to be the odd one out (again), but I'm really not that keen on Grime. Don't know why, just something about it that I don't find particularly stimulating, however tbh I've not heard that much of it, I'll download those mixes and have a listen.

Indi said:
Guaranteed I'll hate it because I don't like it, or I'll hate it because I hate everything? :teeth:

a little from column A ... a little from column B
:orly:

just jokes, I can see why people mightn't like grime. This Plasticman mix has no MC, which is good cos grime MCs are a turn off for many (but I like em ... maybe thats what I meant)

anyhoo, this page has some mental streaming mixes from a few years back now, the Sidewinder sets are good >>> http://www.rolldeep.co.uk/mixes.html

It's still a very young genre, and the beats are developing alll the time along with the way lyrics are delivered which is now breaking boundaries and influencing artists all over the world. It's also brought people such as Kano and Dizzee Rascal through, 2 of the biggest UK urban artists in a VERY long time. Definitely a healthy thing.

motivation said:
It's still a very young genre, and the beats are developing alll the time along with the way lyrics are delivered which is now breaking boundaries and influencing artists all over the world. It's also brought people such as Kano and Dizzee Rascal through, 2 of the biggest UK urban artists in a VERY long time. Definitely a healthy thing.
Agreed! (y)

motivation said:

Bought both of Dizzee's albums, Like the industrial sounding stuff he does, not really dug much deeper then him though, maybe I should? :afro:

there are some diamonds amongst the mist when it comes to grime / garage.

Kano, Sovereign, Some of Roll Deep

The producers are pretty good once you get passed the ones who are just sampling pots and pans.

I cant really listen to it, but they got a good thing going on, they managed to pull garage out the gutter and re-direct it. so nice one to em!

not really feelin the capitle j mix but i am a big fan of grime , good artist to look out for are sniper e,
ksounds most stuff from nasty crew mostly d double e .dpm recordings and my biggest tunes for grime are unorthadox , no help or handouts and swagnightus check them if your down with grime

this genre is annoying me, so many names for it, dubstep, grime, eski, etc. etc., i like the faster beats as opposed to the really slow ones if that makes sense, anyone know what thats called?

Back
Top Bottom