grime

I love that shit!

as an american raised on hiphop, (no really I'm elderly skool) I listened to rap until I was pretty much blue in the face sick of it. Then came alternative rap like Co Flow. Then came all the UK rappers like Task Force and Japanese Rappers like Rhino, and I was feelin it cuz it was totally different.

just when I become sick of lyrics all together,

here come grime,

and now I'm drivin down the streets listenin to Dizzy, Wiley, SOV and Kano!

DJ's In the U.S. are startin to pick up on that shit and I'm diggin it

I like grime because the MC's aren't tryin to be 50cent or anything influenced by the wackness of american rap.

We need more originality in this day and age

Last edited:
Can't say i'm feeling the Grime. The beats are a bit to disjointed. I like a flow to the music. However, i'm feeling british hip hop in a big way, some of the stuff by Rukus, Yogi, Ty, Kalasnekoff & Paperboys.

Check out

Rukus ft Kalasnekoff - Let It Go
Yogi - Why Don't You
Paperboys - Wiggle It

loving the plasticman!!!! blimey. more than i thought i would. i do like the mc's within reason as in dnb i suppose? if they are good they know when to shut up and when they do go its like yeah...:sixty_nin :mr_cool:

12 inch grinch said:
not really feelin the capitle j mix but i am a big fan of grime , good artist to look out for are sniper e,
ksounds most stuff from nasty crew mostly d double e .dpm

Used to feel Nasty, Shame they split up though (not the original members anymore!), they were some of the 1st MC's to start blowing up with their own identity as "Grime MC's".
Now its all bout Jammer, D-Double and Ears. East London MC's have always run the scene.
1Xtra's DJ Cameo is one to go and see live as well, he's heavy, quite quick in the mix.
Other MC's to look out for. Napper, Shizzle, Jamakabi, FUMIN (HEAVY). Bashy, Trooper, Merkston, Flowdan. The list goes on and on.
I'd like to see a crossover between DnB and Grime, with DnB Synths n Basses on a grime beat. :jazz_band

I think its all good. Its a very relevant form of music that really represents where the UK is now. I don't know know whether the rest of the world will 'get it' but it doesnt really matter!

The production is raw, and very DIY sounding which has an almost punk feel to it in that respect. I don't reckon its a 'phase' but an imprtant step in the right direction for the UK to stand on its own two feet...

I know, I heard bout the mighty sounds on rinse ages ago and looked for downloads in vain, but this is joy.:saber:

grime is pretty good and i enjoy listenin' to some of it, you gota propa sft through loads of it though to find the good stuff from the shit, bad grime sounds like a 5 year old playing with pots and pans.

Breakbeat hardcore is the future, aka nu skool old skool, gota some propa fresh tunes out, it's what ive started mixing anyway. :cool: :cool: :cool: o_O :cowbell: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Back
Top Bottom