grime or drum and!

yetie

i see alot of people these days changing there ways to grime and in my opinion ur fools drum and bass has be sick the last couple of years and still geting dirtyer
but anyway what do you lot think?
drum and bass:O or grime:mad: ?

people change and move on all the time, its what helps scenes create new sounds. grime is awesome and heaps of dnb heads appreciate it without wanting to dump dnb.
i agree dnb is still awesome but is not the only musical style you can get a charge from

dunno anyone who turned from dnb to grime !!!

dnb is changing - as every genre, and I guess there will be people that might not want to follow the changes after while, for wotever reason ! either because of the sound..the crowd..

now grime is so different to dnb/ still few similar elements, there are dnb producers who have worked on grime tunes...
but i can't really see why some1 would choose grime, after being into dnb - a much more inclusive and complecated sound than grime..!

It could be that grime is becoming a bit more 'trendy' anyways..so I gues it would attract few more people..

I like jazz too. In fact, bossa nova is the one you're looking for and many peeps have been turning to bossa now but they are wrong. I have no idea how this relates to anything though.

nah, bossa nova = means to and end with the ladies!

grim is a slowed down dummer version of drum and bass withh les beats, tunes and mc's are slower that is y d and b is so much better its much more hectic, any drum and bass mc can chat to grim and any drum and bass producer can make grim beats 10times easier, the only thing that i think attracts people to grim is that its all a constant battle all the artist are always makin tunes cussin each other and its more about humiliating people across the mic, i just dont c how some people can try puttin it in the same league as drum and bass

yetie said:
grim is a slowed down dummer version of drum and bass withh les beats, tunes and mc's are slower that is y d and b is so much better its much more hectic, any drum and bass mc can chat to grim and any drum and bass producer can make grim beats 10times easier, the only thing that i think attracts people to grim is that its all a constant battle all the artist are always makin tunes cussin each other and its more about humiliating people across the mic, i just dont c how some people can try puttin it in the same league as drum and bass

it's the slowed-down aspect that will definitely attract a lot of people to it. i can't even count the number of people who say they wouldn't mind dnb if it was slowed down ... giving you grime or dubstep, basically.

by the way, i can't stand those styles, i'm a dnb head.

I'm well into faster, faster sounds and i love grime. and i think most decent grime producers/ djs are pushing sounds that are doing some experimental timing and beats which are not merely slowed down dnb. listen to the plasticman mix i posted.

Dj SmurFiE said:
actually some of lady sovs. stuff is good, really dark. ch-ching for one is a really good track, remineded me of mampi swifts 'the one'

to be fair havnt probably heard enough.

but too me she epitomises what is bad about dnb/grime-esque music. stupid bullshit pikey attitude biddabiddaba

but if she has a tune that sounds like the one, i would give it a listen

Back
Top Bottom