greetings drum'n'basslings..

mm-sterling4

hi,

as you can see, i'm new to this forum, and forums in general. so sorry if i make basic forum errors, etc..

o.k. here goes, i'm now 40 (am i the oldest fart on here ?), and like a lot of different styles of music from hardcore punk to funk to dub reggae. i guess the common thread which links my tastes is BASS.

i got into d'n'b a long time ago, but i'm no expert. the stuff i like tends to be the dark/industrial kind of stuff, like Black Sun Empire, Noisia, Spor etc.(i'm sure there's probably a name for it, but i'm blissfully ignorant of it..)

i play bass guitar in a kind of hardcore punk band, and me and the drummer also like jamming some d'n'b type stuff too. he's an awesome drummer and very capable.

i ain't bad, but i'm certainly no Tom Jenkinson (Squarepusher, for those who don't know of the lunatic genius himself). but i have a good ear for making up basslines.

we are based in the Peterborough area, and are looking to hook up with a d'n'b/dubstep producer who might want to get together to write some choonage.

i guess i'll be posting something about this intended project in a different section of the forum soon enough, if anyone has any ideas about where i should post this, or if there are any similar threads about live musicians, please let me know.

anyway thanks for reading my waffle, bye for now..:slayer:

si

Back
Top Bottom