Greenfly ! - You Know

The volume in the drop is overall a little high, so try to mix that a little better. And maybe some effects over the organ to make it sound less "dry". I really like everything else man, great job!(y)

I agree that everything is sounding a little dry in places! So thats a good suggestion :)

After the drop it ain't sounding that bassy to me. I assume you have a sub going underneath? If not that needs to be done, if you are bring it up :)

yeah man, crank that sub...

also, have you used breaks?

some of the drums sound slightly out of time....

Cheers for all the feedback guys :) much appreciated. Yeh the annoying thing about the sub bass is that i can't fucking hear it lol, i produce on shit £15 headphones! But I've changed the sub bass and cranked it up a bit so hopefully all is good. Ive updated the track, added some more FX so shouldn't sound as dry. Re the drums, yeh i use breaks, but HI-Pass them to use as a drum fill.

Anyways I've added the updated version on my original post, and ill add it in this post aswell... why not.

BIG UPS, much love.

Yeh the annoying thing about the sub bass is that i can't fucking hear it lol, i produce on shit £15 headphones!

Ahhh I have been there mate! Try a spectrum analyzer :) (If you don't have one search for Voxengo Span, its free!)

Put the analyzer on your main output channel, that way you can see all the frequencies in the whole mix, and see where the low sounds are in relation to everything else :)

Hope you find that helpful

Ahhh I have been there mate! Try a spectrum analyzer :) (If you don't have one search for Voxengo Span, its free!)

Put the analyzer on your main output channel, that way you can see all the frequencies in the whole mix, and see where the low sounds are in relation to everything else :)

Hope you find that helpful

Haha yeh i imagine all producers have been at that stage at one point. Is that not the same as using a multimeter in logic? But ill download it now anyways.

Was the bass overpowering in the update?

Sound

Yeah these are nice bud.
However be wary of the name Greenfly, theres a drum & bass producer who was signed to Bukem's Good Looking label called Greenfly. Not sure if he's still making tunes but has been up to 2009.

yeah man that voxengo analyser is siick. you can route it up to send two different sounds into the analyser, E.G. Kick drum & Sub. and EQ them tight as balls. CHECK IT!

Yeah these are nice bud.
However be wary of the name Greenfly, theres a drum & bass producer who was signed to Bukem's Good Looking label called Greenfly. Not sure if he's still making tunes but has been up to 2009.

Cheers man!! Ha oh shitt, guess I better think of a new name, so hard, its the hardest part of making dnb lol, joke.

yeah man that voxengo analyser is siick. you can route it up to send two different sounds into the analyser, E.G. Kick drum & Sub. and EQ them tight as balls. CHECK IT!

Yeh downloaded it and it seems good!! That sounds sick, try that out when I'm back home. :).

Back
Top Bottom