GreenFly - Late Night

don't take this the wrong way, but i hear like 20 different frequencies clashing and fighting each other.. Get your EQ out, it will do some justice on the ears...

I like all the little sounds you've used, but yeah, the kick and snare sound a little lost at times. That intro stabby synth that carries on through the tune might need some filtering to leave some space, dunno. Sounds cool anyway.

as others have said mate, its all about the mixdown....

get ur kicks etc and see what frequencies theyre hitting then make sure u leave room for them, cutting mids (200Hz+) out of synths for example and cutting anything past 100Hz on ur sub, sure if you search on here you'll find plenty of tips :)

Cheers for all the feedback, to be honest, aint really done any eq-ing, total novice when it comes to that, as your all aware now lol. But i think I've improved it, what do you reckon? Edited the original post

don't take this the wrong way, but i hear like 20 different frequencies clashing and fighting each other.. Get your EQ out, it will do some justice on the ears...

Mate, why would i take it the wrong way, all criticism welcome :).

Cheers!!!

well here's general rules i go by, obviously it depends on what samples ur using, and my mixdowns are by no means perfect, but since learning these things they've definately improved..

just or the record these may be wrong in other peoples eyes, maint hing i can say is use your ears :)

kick cut it about 60Hz, boost at 100-120ish

snare cut about 100 Hz boost around 200Hz (for a punchy snare)

hats cut everything below 500Hz or less?

usually to make room for your snare cut the mids of your synths..

Hope some of it helps.

peace

the bass is the main thing that is making everything rumbling in the low freqs, also the hi hats are a bit high in the mix and a bit "harsh" (around 1khz is where they get harsh, thing is to get off some effects from these because if you eq'd that out would make them dull)
BUT!
I quite like the tune, spectrum is full and i LOVE that!

well here's general rules i go by, obviously it depends on what samples ur using, and my mixdowns are by no means perfect, but since learning these things they've definately improved..

just or the record these may be wrong in other peoples eyes, maint hing i can say is use your ears :)

kick cut it about 60Hz, boost at 100-120ish

snare cut about 100 Hz boost around 200Hz (for a punchy snare)

hats cut everything below 500Hz or less?

usually to make room for your snare cut the mids of your synths..

Hope some of it helps.

peace

Scoopp!! haha, i am a big fan of subtractive eq also... It's paramount for getting everything to fit...

Here's the easiest way to EQ and filter.

Get yourself a Spectrum Anaylizer, this will show you exactly where each hit or instrument is peaking, once you know this, you can start filtering and eqing and rolling off what doesn't need to be there. Sometimes you don't need a harsh cut, you might just pull a few db's out of a certain frequencies to get say your snare sitting right.

Here is a frequency chart, use it :D Trust me bro, mixing down is now part of making tunes, people who think otherwise are in denial..

http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

Back
Top Bottom