Greece Decriminalization Law coming up!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by miszt, Aug 4, 2011.

1. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2011/08/02/decriminalization-of-drug-us/

The Greek government made the first big step regarding decriminalization of drug use. Justice Minister Miltiadis Papaioannou presented to the Greek Parliament the basic ideas of a new law concerning drugs. He announced that, for the first time, drug use will be fully decriminalized in Greece, on the condition that the drugs used harm only the behavior and the condition of the user. However, the Minister noted, the possession and supply of drugs and cultivating of cannabis remain punishable actions.

I'm sure their debt crisis has allot to do with it, tax on cannabis alone will help their economy massivly, but thats the next step

2. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

no fucking way. john maybe you were right all along.

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

duuuuuude. imagine that. a paradise of beautiful islands and a rich thousands of years old tradition of frivolous sex with strangers AND A BUNCH OF WEED

4. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

1. Copy Netherlands Policies
    2. ?????????
    3. Sit back and watch the economy boom!!

5. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

republic of ireland better follow suit because they're the next country getting bail outs.

6. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I hope it happens purely so Miszt stops creating threads about potential changes in the law.

7. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

pretty sure this is the first thread i've started about this topic, besides until it happens here, i wont stop banging on about it, so ur gona have to live with it, or jump on the cause and help speed things up for your own peace of mind :p

8. logikz

and in any case win-win situation for the rest of us imo tbh hth bbq

9. Acid_Alli

Acid_Alli aka The Executioner

Cant wait for them to legalize heroin so looking forward to shooting up in my local kebaby, yes bout time.....

10. logikz

heroin, you need to brush your teeth is what you need to do

11. Acid_Alli

When they legalize crack i will, ill bleach them with the sweet fumes. Just a matter of time now, cant wait...

12. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

in seriousness, i dont think crack and heroin would make it to decriminalization, at least not in terms of licenced sale, except for addicts, both are pretty high up the harm scale, things like MDMA, LSD, Weed & Mushrooms are very low down

13. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I'd imagine it'd quite difficult doing the hiring for the new crack factories...alot of unsuitable applications. Also they'd probably lose even the most trustworthy staff to addiction every so often. Wouldnt be a pleasant place to work imo...

14. logikz

rent a sailing boat, sail the archipelago by the cyclades, metaxa, retsina, high out my balls on heroin & crack, bite the face off my father, realize its all a dream.

15. Acid_Alli

Can't wait to send a job application of to the local crack factory. Just a matter of time now, cant wait...

16. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

youre talking about two different things here, decriminilzation =/= legalisation. And highly addictive drugs like heroin and crack are the main reasons drugs are decriminalised, not so ravers can take MD every weekend.

17. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

yes they are two diffrent things, but the first step in the process of legalisation, is decriminaization

the main reason drugs are illegal has nothing to do with Heroin and Crack, the drug war, started in the (edit, long day n tired!) ~1880, was a direct attack on Mexican and African Americans by the racist institution of the time, Marijuana was a name used as a racist slur against Mexicans at the time, the race issue was pushed hard by Cotton farmers who where set to loose a significant amount of income because of the profit margins of Hemp, the war on drugs was born at that point (the original script from the US senate is available to read on the net if you choose to look for it! its a pretty unpleasant read)

the second issue that came up was Opium, which had recently been discovered in the western world, and the UK government refused to take advice from the Asian doctors of the time, and gave huge amounts of Opiates to soldiers during our various wars, the result was hundreds of thousands of Opiate addicts, sale and supply of Opium was banned in an attempt to reduce the number of addicts, again they failed to get help from the countries who had a deep understanding of the drug, and forced thousands into criminality to feed a habbit which the UK Military Medlical servicess should have taken responsibility for.

I understand why you have the views you have, but its because you have been fed lie after lie by the institutions which have developed into a Religous Dogma in place of what should be a health based approach to disease

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  18. Acid_Alli

Here we go again...

19. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

pretty important issue dont you think? considering the hell that drugs can bring to peoples lives, and the utterly useless way our government deals with it, and infact makes the situation worse

20. Acid_Alli

Indeed but it does get mentioned on every other thread...