Grapefruit makes drugs stronger

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
A healthy breakfast of half a grapefruit? Not advisable if you are taking certain prescription drugs – the interaction with the fruit could result in an inadvertent overdose.

To find out the extent of the effect, David Bailey of the University of Western Ontario in London, Canada, reviewed the literature and prescribing information of various drugs for any mention of a reaction. He found that of the 85 drugs known to interact with grapefruit, 43 can result in severe adverse effects. The number has increased by 24 per cent since 2008 because new drugs have come onto the market.

Chemicals in the fruit destroy an enzyme in the body that normally breaks down substances such as drugs. That means the drug keeps circulating in the body, which can lead to overdose. A glass of the juice is enough, even if drunk hours before taking a drug, says Bailey.
-NS

:slick:

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
youd rather pour bleach in your eyes that most anything, tea with your nan, eastenders, ps3, youre not fooling anyone.
and grapefruit is sooooooo awesome, specially blood grape. ill take it any form, i love sour stuff you see.

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
I always eat whole lemons as I like to avoid scurvy but grapefruit are essentially evil. You'll notice practically every other animal under the sun avoids them.

Apparently they were bred from oranges although how anyone thinks that grapefruits are an improvement on oranges is beyond me.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapefruit

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Fuck Grapefruit.

Honestly.

Fuck it in its stupid head.

Shit don't make fuck all stronger apart from my urge to yack.

And kill really fucking stupid people.

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
To find out the extent of the effect, David Bailey of the University of Western Ontario in London, Canada, reviewed the literature and prescribing information of various drugs for any mention of a reaction. He found that of the 85 drugs known to interact with grapefruit, 43 can result in severe adverse effects. The number has increased by 24 per cent since 2008 because new drugs have come onto the market.

Chemicals in the fruit destroy an enzyme in the body that normally breaks down substances such as drugs. That means the drug keeps circulating in the body, which can lead to overdose. A glass of the juice is enough, even if drunk hours before taking a drug, says Bailey.

Well im sitting next to my mate Bailey and he says he didnt say that...

:lol_board

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
So if I ate a grapefruit before getting dizzled up, would that make it a stronger experience?

i think thats what we're all thinking here anyway

but also fuck grapefruits, they are the most disgusting fruit in the world

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
I actually love pink grapefruit with a black coffee on the side. Bitter wake up like it . I prefer bitter to sweet but each to they own eh