Granular synthesis

If you have Reaktor there's at least 50 granular engines in every user ensemble pack. But it is something the market seems to be lacking in a very high-quality form; which is a shame because granular is really just next level wave-tabling, but that's another discussion.

So yeah I'd say your best bet is Reaktor ensembles.

A friend of mine uses "uhe uhbik G" a lot.
It's a granulizer VST, but I couldn't get my hands on it yet.. Might buy it in the future, he's getting sick results with it!

Might be worth to check it out ;)
I'm not sure if you can actually use it as a synth tho, I think you just sortof.. breakdown a resampled bass or smth.. ^^

Yup I've used the uhbik g alot. Its just a realtime granuliser on it's input to out so you can't use it as a synth, but when you automate the knobs and play with the input sounds you can get everything from sweeps effect sounds to fucked up drums and my personal favourite filtersweep basslines or just use it as a pitch bend tool.

Uhbik has the whole package wheres there delays reverbs flangers and even equalizer.

As for granular synth I prefer fruity granulizer, it's simple and sturdy. Like 3xosc it's all about how you use it. Many ways simpler is still better.

Found some shite like dis: http://dawfreak.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/uhbik-fx-bundle-review/

I use Uhbik G a lot too. So much I guess I didn't even consider it! I tend to use it more for phasey-pitch-warpy effects and hadn't really considered that granular synthesis but maybe I should.

Uhbik comes with Runcinter too, which is great for distorted filtering.

Back
Top Bottom