Governmentfun - Smuggler

Some very cool sound design here man but I think the start of the track should be the drop because it goes a bit too weird for my liking after a minute or so. Perhaps you were too high on this occasion.

Hey man, I didn't see your thread, finnaly get to hear some of your stuff.

This is a very authentic sound, sounds like a late 90s kind of thing. I like the experiments you do with the bass and the fx. Good arrangement, effective. Not a fan of the rising pitch sine bassline, I prefer some notes. What else should one check on your cloud?

Hey man, I didn't see your thread, finnaly get to hear some of your stuff.

This is a very authentic sound, sounds like a late 90s kind of thing. I like the experiments you do with the bass and the fx. Good arrangement, effective. Not a fan of the rising pitch sine bassline, I prefer some notes. What else should one check on your cloud?
dnb wise there are only a couple

dark ambient stuff

I listened to 5, the entire thing, start to finish. It's good, great sound. Awesome drums, specially the snare. Or the fill break, did you make that? Or is it the secrets break? You know, I don't think I know the right name for that break. It's very monotonous but I think that goes with the style.

The second song has a great groove. Fantastic bassline. Is there reverb on the sub on? The snare has no snap at all.

Killing me softly has a killer groove too, it's full of synth goodness. this sounds a bit like tracker drum and bass, are you working in a tracker?

I listened to 5, the entire thing, start to finish. It's good, great sound. Awesome drums, specially the snare. Or the fill break, did you make that? Or is it the secrets break? You know, I don't think I know the right name for that break. It's very monotonous but I think that goes with the style.

The second song has a great groove. Fantastic bassline. Is there reverb on the sub on? The snare has no snap at all.

Killing me softly has a killer groove too, it's full of synth goodness. this sounds a bit like tracker drum and bass, are you working in a tracker?
cheers, it's not a break at all, the drums i programmed myself, not synthesis though, the second one i went for that kind of snare but listening back on it i probably need to do something with the snare... most of the songs on my sc are more or less just wip's, i get them up when i have the buzz for them but i lose interest quite quickly so i'll go back and finish them off one day when i,m a bit better, killing me softly was an idea i had when i got that bass sound kinda similar to optix, i might actually do something else with that bass another time, took me fucking ages to get something to go along with it

cheers, it's not a break at all, the drums i programmed myself, not synthesis though, the second one i went for that kind of snare but listening back on it i probably need to do something with the snare... most of the songs on my sc are more or less just wip's, i get them up when i have the buzz for them but i lose interest quite quickly so i'll go back and finish them off one day when i,m a bit better, killing me softly was an idea i had when i got that bass sound kinda similar to optix, i might actually do something else with that bass another time, took me fucking ages to get something to go along with it

dude your dark ambient stuff is awesome, that's really something. What do you listen to for inspiration? What program do you work in?

Back
Top Bottom