DnB Got stuck with that track

Sentierum

Hi dudes, I'm working on my first EP, so I'm pushing myself and working hard in order to create 3/4 tracks within the next month :)
All the tracks must not be mastered, I've been requested to send mixes around -6db, so they won't sound very big! This one is the second one I'm workin on, and I got a little bit stuck and I think I need some fresh ears for improve it...
This track is also an experiment for me, because I've worked mainly with sampling rather than synthesis!

So, here's the link :>

Last edited:
Hi,
i like that track. Nice atmosphere.
I like the natural sounding bassline & the drums.

Maybe the drums could be a little bit louder (on adam F5). And at 1:25 there could maybe be a "heavier" break before the drums set in.
And at 3:21 in my opinion the short high tone is "wrong"... :)

Good work! added you on sc.

hello, thx for sharing your work in progress. i like the synth work in this, as well as the flow of the track. to my liking i would implement more variations in the drums. there are some by too few, imo. also, some rising synth elements would help to built it. however, this is personal, you might to like it sound different. good luck working on it! (y) PS: where is it going to be released?

Thank you for the feedback!

Hi,
Maybe the drums could be a little bit louder (on adam F5). And at 1:25 there could maybe be a "heavier" break before the drums set in.
And at 3:21 in my opinion the short high tone is "wrong"... :)
Probably you are right on everything!
I think I'm gonna 1) try to give more relevance to the drums, maybe I'm gonna lower the bass and some other stuff instead of rising up the drums (I need to contain the volume) 2) at 1:25 probably some weird stuff like filters, fx and/or something like a sample from a movie will do the trick! 3) Probably I'm gonna crop that sound ;)

some rising synth elements would help to built it. however, this is personal, you might to like it sound different. good luck working on it! (y) PS: where is it going to be released?
Yeah, probably there's a lack of reverse cymbals or whatever :D
PS: This is a small label with his own bandcamp, at the moment there's nothing of sure, but if everything will be fine I will share everything here!

Just a couple of random question about the track!

1) I would love, excuse me for the wordplay, to give "more ambience to the ambience", talking about the pads and synths in background... I would like to give them more relevance, but I'm not sure about what to use!

2) For this track I thought the bass like the one I've done, darky and heavy... But maybe it's a little oppressive/repetitive/too loud?

Back
Top Bottom