Got fruity loops 10 -

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
was hoping to be pointed towards any help that may help me on my conquest! tutorial video's etc.. here is an example of the stage im at! just figured out how to get sound out of my speakers! also the quick links to the different interfaces! eg. f5 etc... Anything you think may be good for me is appreciated.

Thankyou in advance

Getting a basic beat going in FL Studio is so easy.

File browser on the left, drag some one hit drum samples into the step sequencer channels (one sample in each channel, just drag and drop).

Hit play and then start clicking some notes in.

You don't even need to use samples at first, FL Studio loads up by default with a kick, snare and clap in the step sequencer.

yeah i figured out how to make a basic beat and evrything, it was just what to do with it afterwoulds. when i dragged and dropped it into the playlist bit and tried adding bits it always had a pause between them? confused me a bit. then i dragged them together and it sort of cut a beat out.

Once you nail down the basics it all becomes very simple. Then, once you know how to use one sequencer, you can kind of use them all.

It's really not as complex as it looks, I know at first it can become overwhelming with the amount of things to click on.

But just focus on one thing at a time, like just do drums for a few weeks, then play with synths or something.

Once you nail down the basics it all becomes very simple. Then, once you know how to use one sequencer, you can kind of use them all.

It's really not as complex as it looks, I know at first it can become overwhelming with the amount of things to click on.

But just focus on one thing at a time, like just do drums for a few weeks, then play with synths or something.

The funniest part starts when you think you know almost everything and can identify what is best for different sounds and kinda know the barriers, yet you start finding new things about old stuff you thought were only simple effects, synths and so on.

Some sounds react with specific effects sometimes very VERY strangely. I am trying to find those things and stuff people don't usually do.

So what I am trying to say is you should come back to some stuff you first time ignored with more experience and knowledge.

Last edited:
Backspace toggles grid snap ting.

If you've got multiple instances of the same pattern running at the same time, but one comes in a little later than the other, the second instance will cancel the first one out, I think this might be your "space" issue..

Ctrl + "left click drag" to select more stuff at a time.

Ctrl + "right click drag" to zoom in on selected area. Ctrl + Right Click to zoom back out again.

3 sets the zoom level to default, 4 sets it to the entire track and 5 sets it to your selection.

Ctrl + L to link active instrument / sample to a free mixer channel [FL doesn't seem to recognize when you've bussed stuff to your own channels, so if something sounds wrong check which mixer channel your noises are assigned to], if the mixer shows up you're good, if you hear a note being played or a sample triggered you're in the wrong window or something...

In the playlist window, click on a sample, automation clip or pattern's name to access a drop down menu, hit "Make Unique" for a unique instance of whatever. If you do this with a sample, the new instance will be assigned to the same mixer channel as the original, but you can assign it to a new one no problem. If you've edited the original sample in any way you'l be prompted to save a new, edited version of the sample. If you do this with an unedited sample you don't have to save the new one and are free to edit as you please.

3Xosc is boss!!

Wasp is nice for plucked sounds with lots of modulation and shit.

Backspace toggles grid snap ting.

If you've got multiple instances of the same pattern running at the same time, but one comes in a little later than the other, the second instance will cancel the first one out, I think this might be your "space" issue..

Ctrl + "left click drag" to select more stuff at a time.

Ctrl + "right click drag" to zoom in on selected area. Ctrl + Right Click to zoom back out again.

3 sets the zoom level to default, 4 sets it to the entire track and 5 sets it to your selection.

Ctrl + L to link active instrument / sample to a free mixer channel [FL doesn't seem to recognize when you've bussed stuff to your own channels, so if something sounds wrong check which mixer channel your noises are assigned to], if the mixer shows up you're good, if you hear a note being played or a sample triggered you're in the wrong window or something...

In the playlist window, click on a sample, automation clip or pattern's name to access a drop down menu, hit "Make Unique" for a unique instance of whatever. If you do this with a sample, the new instance will be assigned to the same mixer channel as the original, but you can assign it to a new one no problem. If you've edited the original sample in any way you'l be prompted to save a new, edited version of the sample. If you do this with an unedited sample you don't have to save the new one and are free to edit as you please.

3Xosc is boss!!

Wasp is nice for plucked sounds with lots of modulation and shit.

Very helpful. Thanks for this

Back
Top Bottom