Got a question about the Access Virus Ti2 and the snow.

MisterApe

8bit junkie
VIP Junglist
So, im in the market for buying a virus ti2 or a snow, but not sure what the big difference is between the two?
It's a 700 euro gap.

So is there anything the ti2 has that the snow doesn't?

Do you mean these?
http://www.dv247.com/keyboards-and-midi/access-virus-ti2-desktop-synthesizer--61827
http://www.dv247.com/keyboards-and-midi/access-virus-ti-snow-table-top-portable-synth--48362

The TI2 has more options for synthesising than the snow does.
Read the features lists on the links.

I guess it depends what you are looking to get out of it.
I have the snow and it works just fine, it comes with a lot of presets and you can synth your own stuff in the DAW, it feels like any other soft synth really. But I think the TI2 is more advanced.

Honestly, I want to get one purely for creating basslines

got to play around with a ti2 and made the most ridiculous noises, I think it's worth the investment.
I just get this feeling that the ti2 has an edge if you want the physically dick around with knobs and such, but if you just use the vst (like I would) it wouldn't matter all that much o:
Not sure if that's worth the 700 euros.

Yeah yeah, the investment doesn't feel that justified tbh, would love to get a virus tho, heard only good about that one (;

The main difference between the TI2 and the Snow is the processing power. TI has two DSP chips, whereas Snow has only one, so you get only half the polyphony of the TI2.

Snow may still be perfectly enough for basslines.

Here are also some tips to program better Virus sounds: 10 Tricks for Access Virus

I bought a Virus TI Snow 3 years ago. I loved it so much I sold it after 10 months and bought a used Virus TI Polar to replace it.

The first difference is that the Snow only has a few knobs and no keys of course. So I wanted the Polar for that "hands-on" factor b/c with the Snow you have to use the TI software due to the lack of knobs/buttons.

The other difference is that the Snow, being the smallest model, had the lowest hardware specs like the Snow had half the RAM the Polar does iirc. That means the other non-Snow models have more multitimbrality so you can use more parts. The Snow is multitimbral with 4 parts iirc but it can run out of polyphony with less parts depending how complex your patches are, how much fx they use, etc.

The TI2 has 25% faster processor and more polyphony than the TI line. Hope this helps.

I still have my Polar, it's my desert island synth bc of its versatility. Watch Virus TI training video courses and really learn your way around this instrument. Most people who own one get caught up with just using patches, since there are so many soundsets available. But since they never really dedicate time to learning it, they never realize how deep this synth is.

Back
Top Bottom