Got a new toy.

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
I think it is about time I start trying to master my own tracks. I know I am not an expert by any means, but I think my new toy makes a finished song sound louder and better. Without completely destroying the dynamic range of a tract or massive clipping.
I also got a spectrum analyzer. Hurray! I wanted one forever but propeller heads never maid one until recently.
p17ek5b9jc1plm10vsmqi17n0i273.png

p17ek5bo8lj0k18l4qra178be5q5.png

There's a lot more to mastering than just loudness. If you are going to start mastering your own tracks stop thinking about loudness as your ultimate goal.

I don't know the first thing about mastering tracks. I am not even sure if I know any real techniques about mixing. Do you have any tips tricks or advice on mastering tracks? I know you are a pro and most likely do not want to divulge any real information. However, any advice would be greatly accepted.

Well I know a video-tutorial on Mastering. It's really really awesome. Made by a house-producer who already had a tune running on MTV --> Gimbal & Sinan - Triumph. Not my music but he really knows something about mastering. It's about 30 mins and he talks about his way of doing it as well as the theory behind it and a critical insight into the loudness-war in popmusic.

The only big problem is (for you) that it's in german :/ I haven't found any tutorials in english with that quality.
Gonna post the link anyway for the german guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTXYcYq9oaw

Back
Top Bottom