Got a gig... Im nervous?!

:gslayer:

kid is nervous enough lol

haha speed for the mixing and beer for the nerves then

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 ----------

seriously though im also playing for first time soon. my plan is too just not go for anything too huge till ive warmed up. im sure once i start mixing after few mixes the nervs will go an it'll be sweet. i hope

Ive been a bedroom DJ for a year and a half nearly, played out at 2 small parties and the other day i entered a DJ comp. I got through to the final which is on the 9th of June and i can't wait. John B is gonna be a special guest judge on the night and fuck me im nervous lol.

Only has to be a 30 min set as there's gonna be 5 others in the final, and to the contrary of being 'creative on the spot', i have got every mix planned out....seeing as it's the biggest night i've ever done.

But anyway im glad i've read this thread, at least i now know others are feeling the nerves too. And usually, a couple Desperados will sort my nerves

if uve got nothing else on and theres others playing dnb, id get there early :p at least for the person before u, ask about the set-up n stuff see what they r playin...

i might not mix myself but ive been to a fair few places behind the decks and it always helps knowing how things are running on the night so u don't get any suprises :)

Im happy to say that the show went great. Practiced playing a 1hr set of the songs I was gonna play twice before the actual gig. On the day of, had 5 rum and cokes about 1/2 hr before I went on and I was good to go. Seemed to go quite smoothly and had about 100 ppl dancing at one point.!

Have your first 2 or 3 mixes preplanned and nailed down tight then take it where ever the crowd wants you to go!

I gotta refuse to this.
Get things just "a bit" preplanned... because if you're nervous, you're more like to fuck it up and when something you have planned goes wrong, you won't know how to keep it going as you didn't expect it to go wrong.
I had my first gig this past saturday, and yes I had 2 mixes preplanned but didn't use any of them as a much more experienced DJ told me that. I was nervous and because all of the adrenaline I had my hands shaking for the very first 30 mins. Then on saw the crowd jumping to my tunes and music and was thinking: "this gotta be the first experience ever". Go with the flow, and react to things, don't act against them. It's my point of view, hope it suits you! =)

Back
Top Bottom