Goodlooking Records...

johneysvk

hello
VIP Junglist
ahem

makoto_track.jpg

kasperglrv3jmh.png

Who is making the decisions at GLR? was it always this fucked up?

Is that tony guy from that jungle documentary running things still lol....

there must be a rational explanation surely.. if not i doubt celcius will look favourably on GLR releasing music they've already signed

I'm sure Bukem gives zero fucks about Celcius.

probably not but that isn't really the point. They have the rights to it if the tune is signed to the label, it's like me turning up at your house, nicking your records and going sorry mate i'll be having these.. etc etc

probably not but that isn't really the point. They have the rights to it if the tune is signed to the label, it's like me turning up at your house, nicking your records and going sorry mate i'll be having these.. etc etc

I get it, but what's Celsius going to do? They're part of a small collective. Despite GLR's fall, they still have a global following.

i bet what happened was that Kasper sent the tune to glr and ltj offered him £150 to sign the tune (one of my mates has recently got one signed and this is what happened) and he jumped at the chance as ltj seemed really enthusiastic, but then a couple of years went by and the tune didnt come out. normally theres a clause in the contract that states that if a tune that has been signed hasnt been released publically after a period of time, then the contract becomes void and the IPO goes back to the artist, so then Kasper then probably sent it to more labels and one picked it up and released it properly a year later. and glr never checked to see what happened to the tune. What i dont get is why the artist wasnt contacted when glr decided to put the tunes out. that seems a bit dodgey to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I get it, but what's Celsius going to do? They're part of a small collective. Despite GLR's fall, they still have a global following.

if celsius have the rights to the tune then glr would be liable for all their revenue from that tune, what would be interesting is if it came out on a 2 sided vinyl with another tune on the flip

You never really checked who's behind Celsius did you? FYI it's triple vision only just the third biggest distributor in the d&b game.

i bet what happened was that Kasper sent the tune to glr and ltj offered him £150 to sign the tune (one of my mates has recently got one signed and this is what happened) and he jumped at the chance as ltj seemed really enthusiastic, but then a couple of years went by and the tune didnt come out. normally theres a clause in the contract that states that if a tune that has been signed hasnt been released publically after a period of time, then the contract becomes void and the IPO goes back to the artist, so then Kasper then probably sent it to more labels and one picked it up and released it properly a year later. and glr never checked to see what happened to the tune. What i dont get is why the artist wasnt contacted when glr decided to put the tunes out. that seems a bit dodgey to me.

- - - Updated - - -

GLR doesn't give a fuck who these people are, apart from a few artists they regularly sign stuff, like paul sg, flowrian etc. Bukem just wants to stay in talks with his label so he can still get his 2k£ per gig.

meh

been waiting for this to come out for a while now as well - sucks man, the whole label sucks - even if i do own it

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

meh

been waiting for this to come out for a while now as well - sucks man, the whole label sucks - even if i do own it

thanks
- having said that its out, but only available to goodlooking for LIFE members @ an extra £3 per month!! lol

You never really checked who's behind Celsius did you? FYI it's triple vision only just the third biggest distributor in the d&b game.

GLR doesn't give a fuck who these people are, apart from a few artists they regularly sign stuff, like paul sg, flowrian etc. Bukem just wants to stay in talks with his label so he can still get his 2k£ per gig.

Third biggest distributor in dnb? We're talking a genre in which the biggest labels struggle to pus 500 copies. There are rappers selling cd's out of their trunk that push more units than most dnb labels.

Third biggest distributor in dnb? We're talking a genre in which the biggest labels struggle to pus 500 copies. There are rappers selling cd's out of their trunk that push more units than most dnb labels.

you were comparing goodlooking with celsius which is run by one of the biggest distributor in d&b - triple vision. releasing music of vision, division, bad taste, cylon, CIA to name but a few. they have around 4 or 5 people working for them, so yes they are actually making money out of d&b probably more then good-looking is doing and I guess they would be capable of actually speaking up to goodlooking.

I actually got a sent a contract a couple of years ago by GLR, by accident due to being in contact with someone who got recently signed at the time, I always knew it was never the amount of money that people on forums mostly 'conjur' in their mind as being big players, but i did't realise it was that small, infact way more so.

I bet its the same on other labels too, Its not a money based genre, as much as Jeb-ends wish to think, guys just making tunes, simple as, GLR dun goofed up albeit a bit too much as of late

too little too late. this point was inevitable. mug off enough people/fans/labels and you will find yourself isolated trying to build burnt bridges. No one will trust the Good lookin' camp again

Back
Top Bottom