GoodLookin' Signed tracks - what next?

SirReal

VIP Junglist
So it looks as if GoodLookin are no more.

But what's happening with the tracks they haven't released but signed?

Will DJs release them on other lables? for free? or not at all.

Anyone got any idea.

Its Bukem - very unlikely.
I didn't actually know it was no more, but I and im sure a lot of other people want all those furney dubs.

The site had gone down but they said it would be back refreshed in 2015 and I've not seen anything else said since?

I know never say never and all that but I'd expect them to say no more of its no more?

Some Furney's bits are popping up here and there now on labels like Soul Deep, Sheer Velocity, LD Music, sometimes under different titles though. Same about tunes by other producers, spotted quite a few recently.
Regarding comeback of GLR, I don't think it's gonna be relaunched again, unfortunately. However, most of you here I believe have heard Komatic's remix of Horizon. In one of the mixes Technimatic boys delivered lately it was marked as Good Looking dub. So it may happen that Danny will be back in the game. No one knows exactly.

I really want the Lenzman remix of Golden Girl but Makoto mentioned it's up to Good Looking so doubt we'll ever see that which upsets me very much!

I thoroughly hoped a digi of the original would come with it (my vinyl rip I did isn't quite perfect and I've since sold the vinyl).

the official youtube channel got pulled a few months back which suggests things are going south

tbh I cant even name a single glr release after 2000. dunno how relevant they've been this past decade but their 90s stuff is more or less untouchable...

the official youtube channel got pulled a few months back which suggests things are going south

tbh I cant even name a single glr release after 2000. dunno how relevant they've been this past decade but their 90s stuff is more or less untouchable...

Makoto - Golden Girl .... but yea i get your point

I think (personally for me) from the late 90's / early 00's onwards there weren't many glr tracks that were big in the 'general' d&b scene. It had properly sectioned itself away and all those tunes were big in the 'Progression Session' scene only. I bought a lot of glr vinyl in that time, but I loved that scene so I was bound too.

From that first break about 5-6 years ago though they've never really managed to pull it back. They pumped a load of these compilations out the last 18-24 months but there was no big want or need for them I don't think. They should have released GLR75 and got EVERYBODY back on board with them!

yeah I guess it mustve turned a bit niche around that early 2000s time, when everything was fragmenting anyway.

used to know a guy who did work for Reinforced (on the digital media side iirc) and he was always going on about ways bukem used to mess people about and generally be unreliable. he said one of the 4 hero guys was the same but I can't remember which one. bukem always comes across as pretty sound in interviews I've heard...

yeah I guess it mustve turned a bit niche around that early 2000s time, when everything was fragmenting anyway.

used to know a guy who did work for Reinforced (on the digital media side iirc) and he was always going on about ways bukem used to mess people about and generally be unreliable. he said one of the 4 hero guys was the same but I can't remember which one. bukem always comes across as pretty sound in interviews I've heard...

Is it not his business partner Tony that's the nightmare? He's meant to be a right arse isn't he?

What does signed mean anyway ?

I dont think any of the artists are bound by written contracts to GLR.

Back
Top Bottom