good time to sell gold?

i wanna sell my 18k gold chain to finance a new mixer but know absolutely nothing bout the gold market :confused:.
can anyone tell me if its a bad time to sell gold in England coz of the credit crunch, or does that not affect the value of gold???

JAGZ

VIP Junglist
can anyone tell me if its a bad time to sell gold in England coz of the credit crunch, or does that not affect the value of gold???
me thinks yes and yes

just wait a few years till the credit things back to normal or ask people who like gold, it is xmas next week and gold is always a top list present g

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
In America is not so good a time. Idk bout England.

Usually Gold stays stable so you shouldn't worry and just sell it, but for a little more than you would expect, some people just melt the gold and scam you.

Toejam

OOOBEY DOOBEY
VIP Junglist
i wanna sell my 18k gold chain to finance a new mixer but know absolutely nothing bout the gold market :confused:.

for someone thats bought an 18k gold chain you are asking a dnb forum for advise on the gold market????

HMMM WHATS THAT SMELLL.......

ARGOS

Dj Dirty Pimp

VIP Junglist
LOL just for your guys info

Gold is not usually affected by a recession or credit crunch

This is because it has its own market(its nothing to do with the stock exchange), generally gold is a safe investment in times like this , and again ill repeat is not affected by the credit crunch as it has its own market ;)

enquire mate, google it

Toejam

OOOBEY DOOBEY
VIP Junglist
LOL just for your guys info

Gold is not usually affected by a recession or credit crunch

This is because it has its own market(its nothing to do with the stock exchange), generally gold is a safe investment in times like this , and again ill repeat is not affected by the credit crunch as it has its own market ;)

enquire mate, google it
ITS FUNDED BY MILITIAS AND TERRORISM

GOOGLE THAT

for someone thats bought an 18k gold chain you are asking a dnb forum for advise on the gold market????

HMMM WHATS THAT SMELLL.......

ARGOS
lol I bought it in egypt for 1000, I've had it valued in the UK at 1500 so i know it's real and worth quite a bit just wanna know if I'll get a realistic selling price.

I'm gonna go into a jewellers on friday and see what they think I'll probably look to sell it privately though as I've heard I could get a much better price that way

NastyLimbCheat

VIP Junglist
yea gold is the best investment you can make, pretty much nothing can touch it and anyway stupid question, you seen prices of stuff lately? prices are deflating, all over the news, if you were gonna sell something the best time would have been months ago before the banks started to crash

Toejam

OOOBEY DOOBEY
VIP Junglist
Soz mate dont want to piss on your chips

but on a seriay note that you got your jewels from egypy dont me any more sympathetic its the one of the biggest terrorist countries in the world

does my neck in bout this bling/jewellery shit

little do us westerners know that the gold/diamond whatever industry is run by terrorist/gangs/militias etc

this is the main money source not opium as the media make it out to be seen cos lets face it the western world loves the diamonds and gold but not heroin,

dont hark me on this its true

iraq and afganistan were raided, the 9/11 bombers were taught raised up in morocco egypt north africa etc,

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
everyone's selling gold at the moment, because it's pretty much useless but costs a few bob

all the jewellers have signs up saying "we buy gold!"

SLow

Quadrospazzed life-glug
VIP Junglist
YOU ALL FUCKING WRONG. GOLD IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH RIGHT NOW. GOOGLE THAT SHIT
True say, although if economic meltdown continues, the price will likely go even higher as people look to invest in something not controlled by conmen.