Good setup for starting out on producing dnb?

NanoKEY 2 = great. I use it alot. But the free ableton LIVE coupon is useless. Who's gonna buy a midi keyboard if they don't already have a DAW to mess around with? Less than half I guarantee. The AAS vouchers are good though

Lol that's the only incentive I had for checking it out; guess you just saved me some time. I do technically have a DAW, but I wouldn't mind something a little richer in content. But the one I have has midi record, and the cheapest FL one doesn't. Just wondering if LIVE has that feature.

Lol that's the only incentive I had for checking it out; guess you just saved me some time. I do technically have a DAW, but I wouldn't mind something a little richer in content. But the one I have has midi record, and the cheapest FL one doesn't. Just wondering if LIVE has that feature.
What have you got? I would get the FL Signature Bundle as it's cheap and almost everything you need, just get Image Line's Harmor then a few effect plugins and your sorted. I have FL Studio and have a tonne of downloaded stuff. I don't use any of it. I use 4 plugins, 3 of them are FL Studio Native. I barely use other sample packs apart from hits, sweeps and reverses.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm rocking the Dr Dre. Their headphones aren't good at all, well for music production. I'm saving up for these badboys
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/monitoring-headphone-studio-headphone-professional-audio-hd-380-pro

Ooh. Nice, and a reasonable price too! I'm probably just gonna get a pair of over-ears at my local Audio store

^^ A program called MuLab. Mind you, this is me still starting out more or less, and I tried a few other of the free DAWs but they all had problems w/ some of my vsts or crashed too often. Some of them don't have midi record either and that's a major negative. This program is decent; only annoying b/c if you have more than four tracks in a session you'll get a white noise every minute or so, which is an issue for bigger mixdowns.

If that FL thing is ~$100 I'll definitely look into it soon tho. And same here; got about some 40 vst-is but would only consider using a couple of them regularly. Been trying to build sounds from scratch in Mux more recently and it's surprisingly robust, but it's not suited for everything.

FL, cooledit, soundcraft desk, emu e6400, tape deck, pre amp, midi contoller, bunch of guitars and pedals, freeware vst and vstis and and and a hw compressor and an exciter, thats a fun set up. turntable and amp. pehaps not a beginner type deal come to think of it. where the hell is my aural-x actually

^^ A program called MuLab. Mind you, this is me still starting out more or less, and I tried a few other of the free DAWs but they all had problems w/ some of my vsts or crashed too often. Some of them don't have midi record either and that's a major negative. This program is decent; only annoying b/c if you have more than four tracks in a session you'll get a white noise every minute or so, which is an issue for bigger mixdowns.

If that FL thing is ~$100 I'll definitely look into it soon tho. And same here; got about some 40 vst-is but would only consider using a couple of them regularly. Been trying to build sounds from scratch in Mux more recently and it's surprisingly robust, but it's not suited for everything.

Wait... Your 25 and yet you can't afford to buy FL Studio? Have you tried the demo? It's amazing! I'm 15 and saving for FL Signature edition then Image-Line Harmor vst

^^ Lol I did say I was just starting out! I could get it technically, but it's about priorities and budgeting @ this point. And I'm in some bad debt :(.

Haven't given the demo a crack, but I might look into it. A lot of people tend to go on about Albeton and Cubase so I was thinking either of them once money isn't as much an issue, and hopefully a full-range keyboard to go w/ them.

^^ Lol I did say I was just starting out! I could get it technically, but it's about priorities and budgeting @ this point. And I'm in some bad debt :(.

Haven't given the demo a crack, but I might look into it. A lot of people tend to go on about Albeton and Cubase so I was thinking either of them once money isn't as much an issue, and hopefully a full-range keyboard to go w/ them.
I'm no pro at FL or Music Production for that matter. But I do know that FL Is most likely the best choice because of free updates, User-Friendly layout, patterns, It's sequencer and Piano Roll. It's amazing developers that do absolutely everything to help users. And It's Native Plugins are amazing. Plus automations are way better.

Anyway if your only just starting out you probably didn't understand half of what I said but Image-Line is about image and user friendly-ness... It's the best choice for a starter. If you feel theres something you can't do then you may want to switch DAW's then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom