Good programs for adding bass to a guitar/drum song

jdenmo

i recorded a song on guitar and using the program Fruity loops 10 i added drums to it. but the bass on that program is really fucked up, every preview will sound normal then ill drop it and itll be way out of pitch/tune and will sound like a piano chord not a bass chord. its very inconsistent and i cant find any of the sounds i need.. so are there any other programs that are good for adding bass to drums? like, i have the guitar and drums done, i just need a program with a huge selection of bass so that i can add them and find the same sounds/chords easily. im not familiar with bass or guitar chords really, i just basically record my own music and am looking for something with like a million bass chords i could fool around with til i make a pattern that matches with the song i made.

any suggestions? thanks

most programs do the same thing m8.
think your just not doing it right.
if the notes your playing are too high - play them lower down.
cant help much with FL havent used it in years. but you wont find a program that migically does bass in key etc.
all programs only do what you tell them to do.
good luck

any of em really, i guess cubase, logic, acid, audacity would do that for you easyest though.

in the music pack section, they will preview fine and then once i drag them over they are all ridiculously out of tune, and i have to change the "time" nob on each one to get it to sound the same as in the preview, but its at a different notch for each one and it takes a couple minutes. i dont have the patience to do it for over 200, i think something must be fucked with the program?

Sorry, just read your original post, what's happening is fruitys trying to account for the samples tempo and match it for the tempo you have set. Go into settings, hit the general tab, deselect the "read sample tempo information" option. your problem should be solved, if not, say not.

Sorry, just read your original post, what's happening is fruitys trying to account for the samples tempo and match it for the tempo you have set. Go into settings, hit the general tab, deselect the "read sample tempo information" option. your problem should be solved, if not, say not.

i tried that and its still the same. it will sound normal in the preview on the tabs, then ill drag it in and it will be very short and high pitched and sound completely out of wack

In FL studio, go to packs, you should have a Guitar folder. Open it, and go to bass guitar. Without opening "FL Bass 01" or "FL Bass 02" folders, you'll see "Fl Studio Bass Finger" or "Fl Studio Bass Pluck" with a little icon next to it saying DW (direct wave). Drag and drop that into your step sequencer (the little box that holds all your samples, synths, etc) if it comes up with a "Windows - No Disk: Exception Processing Message 0xc000013 Parameters 0x75CB92A0 0x0000004 0x75CB92AD" error, just keep hitting continue and it'll load up, then just play in it's range in the piano roll. Or do what Sofo said, open up the sample, go to the time knob, right click, select none and it should work. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom