Good non dnb gigs you have been too

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by lokki, Aug 31, 2007.

1. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

Just thought id make a thread about good non dnb gigs…..it’s be good to hear some….also if anyone else was at the same gigs…

1996 - Rage Against the Machine at Reading supported by the Prodigy….I was only 15!!! (ahhh!)
    One of my first big live gigs….obviously fuckin amaziing….moshing around in a massive crowd “fuck you I wont do what you tell me!” and I didn’t even get ID’d at the bar..safe…hooch’s are on me! Ice T also played that day but was quite boring.

1996 - Prodigy live at the Rivermead centre Reading….still only 15 …raving it up hard….sweaty as fuck..it was all about dance music for me after this!

1997 – Marilyn Manson at Reading fest
    Probably one of the most amazing live acts I’ve ever seen, blew me away..totally unexpected but well memorable! Made me fall in love with his music…totally inspiring…touched my darker side!..Metaliica came on after…and were wanky old shit in comparison.

1998 - Beastie Boys and Prodigy at Reading (Reading again!)
    Legendary gig ..Prodigy had really got into their newer style..and when Breathe came on…well, hairs on the back of the neck standing up is an understatement! Beastie boys came on and killed it as well…..This was easily my fave 2 gigs of all time! Prodigy were told by Beastie Boys not to play smack my bitch up.. but they played it anyway much to the appreciation of a wicked crowd..funnily enough the Beasties still got a wicked reception…Reading fest was amazing back then!

2000 – Public Enemy at Homelands (aka Rainlands)
    Proper bo…I was off my tits and it was raining…a lot! I remember some mad girl climbing to the top of the tent, probably about 70 ft+ and dangling off the top…scary! Public Enemy killed it, they had their full army on stage doing drill ….…I later heard that they played the gig cos they thought it was a benefit for Homeless people..doh!

2004 - Chemical Brothers live at Pompey Guildhall
    Ouch!...amazing…..almost as good as the prodigy live…wicked stage show. ?Pretty mind blowing..i’d seen them a few times but those gigs were festival outside jobs, this was much much better!

2001 - Reprazent at Glasto
    Wicked seeing Roni, Suv, Die, Krust and Dynamite and what’s her name get about 50,000 people properly rinsing out to Warhead, Snapshot, etc despite many probably never hearing dnb properly before…makes me think that dnb’s future really relies on evolving to cater to the live arena. And yes, Dynmaite is the best MC in DnB..haha!..by far. ..that year I also got to see Cypress Hill and smoke a big blunt to ‘hits from the bong’, one of those ‘I did it’ moments….i did right into Jim’ll Fix It about doing that back in the day but he was having none of it!..twat!

I still have a few gigs I’d love to go to… Wu Tang live for one!

2. David Bass

David Bass Neuro-Technologist

Frenzal Rhomb 199...something

Cypress Hill - Cant remember when 04 or 05

Switch - Good Vibrations 06

Freq Nasty - Good Vibrations 06

Trentmoller - 07

thats all i can remember fro now....

3. Gumby

Gumby New Member

the streets, infusion, carl cox, freestylers and chemical brothers at the big day out 2005(?)

the prodigy at two tribes 2005(?- ive got a really shitty memory btw, these dates are probably wrong) this gig was sweet cos it was held right near the airport and as prodigy were playing there were massive jumbos coming into land right over our heads!!!

basement jaxx, wolfmother, michael franti, hilltop hoods and infusion at a 3 day camping festival in january this year.

if it werent for my crappy memory im sure this list would be bigger...

4. Gumby

Gumby New Member

oh shit yeah i forgot beastie boys and jurrasic 5 at good vibes this year. J5's last ever gig!

[youtube]_KQIh8mmrNo[/youtube]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  5. David Bass

i was at that one too, freestylers live (band thing) was quite good, i also saw RJD2, Hilltop Hoods, Kid Koala and Slipknot that day too...massive bag day out that one

6. Gumby

Gumby New Member

dunno if youre a fan mate, but did you hear that daft punk are coming to australia?! december 16 in perth! weeeeeeeee!!!!!

7. fastfret

fastfret Member

tool at ozzfest 02, amazing

one minute silence at the astoria 02

ac/dc at wembley 01 lol bigness u wldnt believe, hench fire breathing statues and allsorts

a perfect circle 04 at hammersmith apollo

many biffy clyro gigs

roots manuva at reading 05

all big gigs

8. Charlie Van Pelt

Charlie Van Pelt Charles N. Charge

James Brown at Massey Hall (Toronto), November 2005 (for obvious reasons)

Blind Boys Of Alabama at Massey Hall (earlier this year, I think)

Switchfoot at Kool Haus (Toronto)

9. DjDice

DjDice DJ Shy-T

Download festival last year...

10. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Spank Rock supported by Sway & Yes Boss @ Camden Falcon Feb 06.

Pushed us way to the front. Shook hands with MC Spank Rock when he got on stage. Crazy show, and me & ex got pulled up on stage for the last few trx! Ace.

&

Stone Roses, Spike Island whenever it was. Their defining moment! Big outdoor Summer all day thing the Summer they really peaked! Woo!:banana:

11. David Bass

fuck oath, who isnt a fan of daft punk...? o_O

havnt got tickets but fuck yes i am going fo shizzle!!!

only bummer is its at the sidney myer music bowl which i hate with a passion.....