good mixer

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist
does it make a massive difference than a budget one??
ive currently got a behringer djx700 seems fine for just mixin on but when i try record its just sounds shit
is this my mixer or my pc/input soundcard etc or maybe a mx of both??
if i was to buy a new mixer id need 4 channels so itd be pioneer or allen an heath etc but there so damn pricey

In short, yes.

With audio gear, you get what you pay for.

The recording of your mixes is quite possibly due to your soundcard. I take it youre using an internal one on a laptop or something? Are the levels maxed out? Is it distorting? If so, theres too much gain going out of your record/booth/whatever output. If not, your soundcard sucks balls.

yea using a laptop
generally keep the levels low wen recording as i record from the booth output but still sounds pretty shit
soundcard aint bad wen i record samples an stuff just the mixes i aint tryed in a wile tho last time i did i was using vinyl may of just been the bad condition of the tunes distortin the sound ill have another go soon

Behringer = Shit

This will deffo not help the quality boss, the electronics inside them things are so jank and cheap they just sound gash. Cant you borrow some ones mixer to do a recording?

i have also got a gemini cs-02
Gemini_CS_02.jpg

but i dont like it!lol

if i borrowed some ones mixer i wouldnt want to give it back!haha
plus the only mate with a nice mixer has much to good of a mixer to lend and he lives well out in the country!lol
think ill get savin for an xone 42 600 or so is bearable but i wouldnt go over that.lol

Last edited:
So are behringer products really that bad?

Just got some new technics (moving from cd to vinyl) - they came with a behringer djx 700 too. I already have a Djm-400, but was considering selling that and using the djx 00 until I can afford a better 4 channel mixer. Is this a wise plan? (I need a 3+ channel mixer) cus I'm gonna keep 1 of my cdjs

Are Xone 42's the best 4 channel mixer to get, hear alot about them but don't know much.

dunno if 42's are the best to get but considerin the price its what id go for

got the xone 42 but faders seem unresponsive so dont feel like you can snap a tune in and out if you know what i mean, but the filters on it are awsome. I will hold on til i can afford a 92 i think.

Make sure your mic input volume is right down on your laptop, you will find it in control panel somewhere, but I ahd the same problem a while back no matter what I did it just sounded distorted found the mic settings turned them right down an now I can record mixes etc.. on my laptop

i picked up a pioneer djm500 off ebay for 180 quid in flightcase. Cross fader had enver been used.

im trying to decide between a xone 42 and 62 atm, can anyone let me know the differences

62 has 2 VCF filters which you can assign to different channels, 42 has 1. I got the 42 but would love to have the dual filters, and the 92 is a little bit too much for a bedroom, unless you have the money then why not as its an epic mixer

Yeh 62 is more than enough for bedroom, and for anyone that moans about the the weird filtering when the bass gain is turned right down then you are clearly a retard, the VCFs should be used for switchin bass, not the EQs!! Thats why they are there! 3 decking on the other hand is where this comes annoying but meh

Back
Top Bottom