Good Jump Up

Floating Hunter

VIP Junglist
First off I dont want to start a debate about jump up is shit etc etc if you instigate said debate then you will automatically be crowned King Fag.

I haven't really listened to jump up since 08 apart from the odd hazard tune. Who's killing it?

My opinion of jump up is that is has gradually been getting shitter, generally, since about 2006. There are still decent jump up tracks made today but they are hugely out-numbered by the amount of mid range shit you hear, although some of that mid range shit is actually ok.

Be interesting to see what people have to say here. I stopped listening to it at the beginning of the year.

what i meant by all jamp-ap is minimal is that it's all ridiculously basic.

bland drums? check
bassline? check

done...instant jomp-op banger.

this isn't hate...because i am partial to a bit of jimp-ip myself,.

but jemp-ep is basic as fuck.

For me: Hazard, Konichi and Decimal bass - But I think it's because these guys seem to producing in a very different style from the others (Hazard especially seems to have almost unattached himself from the jump-up genre)

Jump-up has always seemed a bit samey, or at least the stuff i've become Accustomed to has. However I do think it has it's place and mixes very nicely with a bit of tech. I just can't stand jump-up focused nights, I really don't feel like the attendants are there for anything more than MDMA and persistent rewinds and it just gets a bit silly.

- - - Updated - - -

This style of techy jump-up is what I'd personally like to hear more of. This track was dropped at last Critical night at Fabric and did not seem out of place for a moment.

Pleasure, Majistrate and of course of HAZARD!

also minimal or not it comes under jump up

bro

I am of the opinion that Jump Up is starting to evolve into a more techy sound.

I'm hearing a lot less of the wompy, vowel-y kind of bass and more subby, growly bass sounds. The drums are sounding a lot more stripped back and steppy too.

For me: Hazard, Konichi and Decimal bass - But I think it's because these guys seem to producing in a very different style from the others (Hazard especially seems to have almost unattached himself from the jump-up genre)

Jump-up has always seemed a bit samey, or at least the stuff i've become Accustomed to has. However I do think it has it's place and mixes very nicely with a bit of tech. I just can't stand jump-up focused nights, I really don't feel like the attendants are there for anything more than MDMA and persistent rewinds and it just gets a bit silly.

- - - Updated - - -

This style of techy jump-up is what I'd personally like to hear more of. This track was dropped at last Critical night at Fabric and did not seem out of place for a moment.

big big fan of this tune sooo original and sooo banging....

although and count me in that crowd u described, but you heard of the nuera nights... oh days its like a war field in there and i love it, but i also love a goood old fashion metalheadz room 2 fabric so i dunno shouldn't stereotype...

Back
Top Bottom