Good Drum n Bass!

Sammy Dexcell

Stop editing my profile Smarty!
VIP Junglist
Im sorry but ive gota have a rant about this, i hate clipz and i hate tc the dnb scene would be a much better place without them and there ridiculous ideas.

Yea they have made a couple alright tunes but everything there doing now is just a way to milk the scene for as much cash for as little work as possible.

Honestly tho its almost as if both these fools and many others surfacing have decided to not bother starting a new tune from scratch and instead just recycle the same beats to make a slightly differnet version of the same tune. Yea its there 'unique' sound but shouldnt there unique sound be good to start with if there gona be using it all the time?! (tc's drums!?!?!?!??!??!?!?)

Its pissing me off as i am into the production side of things, been at it for about a year properly and i havent quite got there yet but im sure if i had there knowlege ide be much more use to the scene, it just takes the piss, im sure most of u think the same unless ur a jump up lover/ jover like $marty but its taken its toll with me.

Im thinkin it cant be stopped, there now famous so there just gona keep on goin untill they accidently stumble across a good tune again.

Ive come to 1 of 2 solutions, and that would be to take the time studying production get it sussed and then just use it to fuck em over, every tune they make ill remix myself give it out for FREE and send it to all the big dj's sooner or later ppl will start getting the hint and who knows they might just accidently walk into a bus???

2nd solution would be to just ignore em........and hope sooner or later the mass amount of pill munching idiots that decide to dance to there tunes form braincells and realise there shit!!!!!!!!
Cause its blatently those hedz who enjoy bleeping noises and stupid gay vocals, and i quote tc: ' yea yea yea yea ahhhh fuck ive forgotten the words' if you've heard that tune ude no what i mean he's such a bell cheese

Safe END OF RANT!!!!!!

You are so wrong on so many levels. I cannot understand why people wage wars against producer because of personal opinions.

Like you say untill you have solved production for yourself I don't think you have an arguement here.

Last edited:
Did clipz shit in your cereal this morning???? :teeth:
I get what you mean though. There are a lot of big name producers who have recycled their own sounds a little too much in their beats. but hey it gives you more of an incentive to show some creative originality! Its all good $lick. Use your rage to an advantage!!!!

im sure most of u think the same unless ur a jump up lover/ jover like $marty

darrenbig1.jpg

"You what, Dickhead????"

You are so wrong on so many levels. I cannot understand why people wage wars against producer because of personal opinions.

Like you say untill you have solved production for yourself I don't think you have an arguement here.

He's just getting it off his chest. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Let him be

i funkin h8 rockstar by tc it gets on my nerves ... i dnt mind a few clipz tunes but they get abit borin ..if a dj plays them he has 2 mix them out quickly coz everyone will fall asleep...tc nd clipz r borin they use the sme beats on nearly every tune
... i like 2 listen 2 evol intent coz there tunes beat r all different near enuff

the thing with these jump up cheesy producers that none of there music has an lasting impression on the scene and most tunes ( with a few exceptions ) are forgoten about as quickly as there made . ok clipz , tc and hazard have tapped in to a sound that people can get into but its a small minority as far as i can see . most dnb heads i know are into serious drum n bass but actually got in to the scene through people like clipz . i agree on the most part that these guys put minimum effort in and reap the rewards and yeah its unfair to the likes of producers that really try hard .but there is a place for this type of drum n bass in the scene it drags people in and once they got a taste there discovering every style . and who knows that jump up loving pilled little chav could end up being the next calibre or something . i dont know i dont even like drum n bass

i dont know i dont even like drum n bass

:teeth:

fair enough points. I believe that rave music has always been throw away, and has gone through many ups and downs in terms of tune longevity. this isnt the first time and it wont destroy the scene.
there also always been quality out there, no argument, but out of the 1000s and 1000s of tunes made in the last 15 years, such a small percentage stand the test.
Its important to recall that the stupid fucked up hardcore which helped give birth to dnb also suffers from serious problems of
lasting the test of time. Quite frankly a lot of it sounds crap now, as does a lot of ragga circa 94.

Maybe its just the latest version of SesamEs Treet syndrome, which pissed off a lot of 'ardcore lovers, but still had effects on the scene.

good rant though

Maybe its just the latest version of SesamEs Treet syndrome, which pissed off a lot of 'ardcore lovers, but still had effects on the scene.

good rant though

yeah absoultley i got in to hardcore/dnb in about 1991 and as long as i can remember there has always been dark nasty beats and high energy cheesy piano tunes its alway been the same and will never change . the prodigy brought dance music the the masses with charlie . then you got guys like altern8 who were making cheesy chart dance music . many people like myself thought thats the end of serious dnb. now its all about the money and not the love of the scene . but thats not true at all . the more commercial its got the bigger and better the scene has got . yeah you have to wade through alot of shit tunes to find the quallity . but we have never had so much choice . im personnally very happy with alot of the stuff thats out there . there is always something on redeye that i wanna buy . im done now ill shut up

i dont really understand you cosh i mean your a dj, so when buying a tune you can clearly tell which ones would go down well, its not that hard right?
You cant honestly tell me that clipz n tc have that buy on sight effect with you, perhaps when die gets involved with clipz its a differnet matter, but just think, i mean commix for instance, they are working hard and you can clearly hear the amount of effort in each tune they make. I cannot hear this in clipz or tc's shit, tbh its not bothering me that much but its time to have a little rant seeing as these bods are makin bucks for nothing, and you have unsigned artist workin really hard making really skilled dnb instead of this nursrey rhyming shit? just think its not an arguement its just seeing shit in a different light?
Im willing to hear any1 tell me that there skilled producers and im totally wrong but please explain yourselfs......(y)

p.s Dexcell which is me $mart and trak d have been gettin on the production hard and yea we even have some of our own jump up. so i dont hate all the shit they make just not feelin the recylced stuff, it not hard to start from scratch an put some effort in it, is that too much to ask???

Last edited:
i dont really understand you cosh i mean your a dj, so when buying a tune you can clearly tell which ones would go down well, its not that hard right?
You cant honestly tell me that clipz n tc have that buy on sight effect with you, perhaps when die gets involved with clipz its a differnet matter, but just think, i mean commix for instance, they are working hard and you can clearly hear the amount of effort in each tune they make. I cannot hear this in clipz or tc's shit, tbh its not bothering me that much but its time to have a little rant seeing as these bods are makin bucks for nothing, and you have unsigned artist workin really hard making really skilled dnb instead of this nursrey rhyming shit? just think its not an arguement its just seeing shit in a different light?
Im willing to hear any1 tell me that there skilled producers and im totally wrong but please explain yourselfs......(y)

p.s Dexcell which is me $mart and trak d have been gettin on the production hard and yea we even have some of our own jump up. so i dont hate all the shit they make just not feelin the recylced stuff, it not hard to start from scratch an put some effort in it, is that too much to ask???

Fair enuff. No probs. I know they repeat sample's but at the end of the day it's club music. It has limited appeal and washes away rarther quickly. Fair enuff you need to rant that's no problem. I just don't like dissy people that's all. I mean they have achieved alot between them and who am I to try and make everyone hate them.

However .... I'm, all about opinions and like you say TC & Clipz tunes don't usually have that instant buy enthusiasm as when buying records from producer like Phace, Tebee, Calyx, Logistics, Marcus Intalex, Mathematics, Commix etc etc all the people that really put out some amazing stuff. But noneless the less they still go in the bag, like you say I'm a DJ and I go down well, not necessarily with me all the time but a lot of people.

So ur involved with those tracks $marty linked me too. That was heavy jump up. :respekt: You are obvoiusly in a lot better position to make everyone hate Clipz and TC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom