Good drum & bass remixes of chart stuff

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Been booked for a 'Drink the bar dry' event at a uni mid december.

The deal with the organiser is that I can play my usual tunes as long as I play lots of mainstream as well.

So basically I need some dnb remixes that will sound good out of a big system and will go down well with a student crowd.

Don't listen to much chart, or dnb atm for that matter, so far I've got:

Pass Out (DC Breaks Remix)/One More Time (Cyantific Bootleg)/Starry Eyed (Dexcell Remix)/One (Netsky Remix)....etc,

Anyone got any recomendations like those, cheers

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

also forgot to mention, will be playing with an mc, so doesn't have to be vocal lead

thers this producer called DevZ ... hes got some pretty sick stuff the students will love it! lol

but seriously, some of my tracks sound charty...use em?

and some real suggestions:

most of tc's tracks - rude boy, last ones standing etc.
camo n krooked remixes
dj fresh - gold dust
pendulum - watercolours
lenzman - bright lights
dj fresh - talkbox
danny byrd tunes

I normally have to play out in front of fairly mainstream crowds and these always go down well...

Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up (Jazz Thieves Remix)

Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes (Marky & Bungle Remix)

Ghostface Killah & Neyo - Back Like Dat (Marky & Bungle Remix)

Drake - Best I Ever Had (Mutt Remix)

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers for the recommendations

borrowing my mates CDs of Confidential, kryptonite, Evolution, Rave Digger, Sub Focus etc to cover those angles

also gotta big box of bootleg vinyls, beyonce, usher etc remixes that'll pick up next time I'm in southampton

@groelle, cheers heard it on the john b podcast, looking forward to getting a copy, my SC dropbox is:

http://soundcloud.com/alexi/dropbox

I bet the few die hard drum & bass fans will be going mental when you drop those ^ :teeth:
I remember when they played the 'mainstream' drum & bass at the student nights I went to, was hoping the dj would drop some dark roller half way through but it never happend!

Anyhow all the stuff mentioned is good. Sub Focus - Splash is a good one, and I reckon stuff like Cyantific - Empty Streets will go down well

Back
Top Bottom