golf

bluenote

Gotta play 18 holes with my paps tomorrow..

Never really played, and he is bringing a couple of work buddys, so cue plenty of fails on my part.

In an effort to not embarass him, and a lesser extent myself, any tips?

Probs not the right forum, but some of you may be secret golfers..

kick him in the gunt.
I can never do participate in any sporting activity when I have a bruised gunt.

haha whats a gunt? a guys cunt? you confuse me with your youthful slang.

and who kicks who in the gunt? end of the day, i've gotta play, think he has already paid for it and from what i can tell its an expensive sport. plus its teams or something like that, not sure how it works, but its me and him against his work pals.

im excited, but think that will turn to frustration quite quickly.

wqr2mh.jpg

Haha, is that meant to make sense?

And don't diss golf, I haven't played, but am hoping by doing so I will become a man. A real man, in a suit, with a tie, an average size penis, a wife who doesn't love me, and my once bold aspirations in a box in the shed.

I knew you'd hijack this thread, back off fes, just back off.

Gotta play 18 holes with my paps tomorrow..

Never really played, and he is bringing a couple of work buddys, so cue plenty of fails on my part.

In an effort to not embarass him, and a lesser extent myself, any tips?

Probs not the right forum, but some of you may be secret golfers..

Keep your head still and keep your head looking down. Let others watch where the ball goes.

Keep your head still and keep your head looking down. Let others watch where the ball goes.

yes, head down is important from what i've read.

I can understand the logic of the harder the swing the further it goes, though at my level, which is some caddyshack shit, am I better off using irons? I read they will give me a cleaner connection, as I doubt I am all that accurate.

this.

also try and keep your swing as controlled as possible - start slowly and don't try and hit it too far. If you try and rush it you'll probably end up topping it or slicing it - try and keep the speed you move the club the same at all points through the swing. Also try to pivot your chest as you play through the shot, that way it'll go nice and straight :)

this.

also try and keep your swing as controlled as possible - start slowly and don't try and hit it too far. If you try and rush it you'll probably end up topping it or slicing it - try and keep the speed you move the club the same at all points through the swing. Also try to pivot your chest as you play through the shot, that way it'll go nice and straight :)

Cheers lads, tips are invaluable.

By pivot my chest, I am assuming I keep my hips level? So its all upper body?

I reckon I'll just take it easy, play it safe and hope for the best.

yes, head down is important from what i've read.

I can understand the logic of the harder the swing the further it goes, though at my level, which is some caddyshack shit, am I better off using irons? I read they will give me a cleaner connection, as I doubt I am all that accurate.

yeah i'd stick with irons. bigger club = longer shaft, so any movements of the wrists are exagerated, and you'll slice it more. Plus you can still play well with irons - a 5 iron off the tee could still get you par on par 3s and 4s

Cheers lads, tips are invaluable.

By pivot my chest, I am assuming I keep my hips level? So its all upper body?

I reckon I'll just take it easy, play it safe and hope for the best.

yep hips and legs level.. pivot from the shoulders so that by the end of the after-swing your shoulders are 90 degrees from were u started (looking down the course basically). By doing this your feet should swivel round too.

We need marcus intalex on this forum - hear he's a dab hand at golf!

Try to to keep your shoulders upright with your chin down and always look at your ball while swinging. The latter helps alot! (Is not so so easy when teeing up).
Also try not to hit the ball hard just let the club do te work.

Don't forget to have fun while ur digging though the frozen rough!!

Safe

Try to to keep your shoulders upright with your chin down and always look at your ball while swinging. The latter helps alot! (Is not so so easy when teeing up).
Also try not to hit the ball hard just let the club do te work.

Don't forget to have fun while ur digging though the frozen rough!!

Safe

I am actually out in the U.A.E kicking it with the rents for the holidays, they live out here. So no frozen rough, but I will be making friends with the sand I'm sure.

Cheers man.

this.

yes a slow swing is much more likely to keep the ball in play. Better to hit a ball 100 yards and keep it in play than 200 yards and it goes out of bounds.

With regards to what clubs to use, it all depends on what your confident with. Have you ever played before at all?? I would recommend irons between 5 - pitching wedge. 7 & 8 are my favourites but it depends on what your comfortable with. Go to a driving range before you go round if possible and hit 50 balls. It will help you loosen up your shoulders before you get to the first hole.

yes a slow swing is much more likely to keep the ball in play. Better to hit a ball 100 yards and keep it in play than 200 yards and it goes out of bounds.

With regards to what clubs to use, it all depends on what your confident with. Have you ever played before at all?? I would recommend irons between 5 - pitching wedge. 7 & 8 are my favourites but it depends on what your comfortable with. Go to a driving range before you go round if possible and hit 50 balls. It will help you loosen up your shoulders before you get to the first hole.

Played a couple times, but with mates and a few beers. Bit different this.

Good advice on the driving range, will do. As for clubs, no idea, but I guess hitting balls on the driving range will give me a clue.

Cheers.

brush it dont rush it.

if youve never practiced really you cant help but fail. just try and concentrate on your shot

Back
Top Bottom