Golf

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by boobjunkie, Aug 14, 2009.

1. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

i work in a bar at a hotel/golf club and the local members have been blaggin me to play a few holes with them for weeks now, i've finally caved and agreed so been out in the garden knockin a few balls around today, i've got a fairly mean drive on me and my chipping an putting aint bad but was wondering if anyone who actually knows somethin about golf can give me a few technical pointers? safe in advance

2. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

you drive for show and putt for dough. a very famous golf phrase

your short game is really important man as most breddas can drive a ball off a tee with a little practice but being able to putt well is what will give you the points.

i dont know a lot man but im a dab hand at golf as my old man taught me, he plays of a 4 handicap and has taken me to watch the Pros at 'The Open' a few times.

all the best bro

3. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

play off 9.

love golf. am a member at two courses. http://www.bridlington-links.co.uk/ & http://www.southcliffgolfclub.com/

drive for the cameras and put for cash or whatever it is, is true but its still hard to hit the ball straight no-matter what handicap you are.

heres a great swing thought wayne stevenson told me.... just relax.

its the most important thing when you hit the ball and is subconciously linked with timing. only tip i have sorry but if your ever this neck of the woods you can play at the links in brid with me anytime for free.

4. tone090

tone090 Bare back rider!

nice smooth swing, dont try hitting the ball hard as 9/10 youll end up missing it. let the club do the work!

5. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

little tip when i first started, when you tee-off line the name of the ball (name or make) so you can read it nice and evenly and centered on the tee , then focus and read the name whilst you swing, keeps your eye on the ball and keep looking at the ball name the whole way through, this should help in keeping a straight swing

6. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

this thread aint for me.....i have played once, gotknocked out by a golf ball. true story

7. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

yea, i got a golf ball in the back of my sweed once, went down on the deck like a sack of shit.. kicking my legs, dodnt knock me out, just fucked me up, luckily it was my mates chip and not a drive coz that shit would of killed me.

8. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

Ya see, this was a drive..... out cold and everyting....... Huge 'egg' on my head for 3 weeks

9. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

ahh, hard boiled im assuming, thought you meant it was a golf ball ..:wave:

10. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

Ha ha I have been at Southampton golf course all day just got back!!