Goldie to mix Fabriclive.58

Sicx

VIP Junglist
http://www.junodownload.com/plus/2011/05/31/goldie-to-mix-fabriclive-58/#utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialpost&utm_campaign=fb_post

Tracklisting:

1. Rido feat. Thomas Oliver – Twisted [Metalheadz]
2. Marcus Intalex feat. S.P.Y. – Celestial Navigation [Soul:r]
3. Lenzman – Lasers [Metalheadz]
4. Need For Mirrors – Lofar [Metalheadz]
5. Enei – One Chance VIP [Critical]
6. Subwave & Enei – The Mines [Metalheadz]
7. S.I.N. & Mutated Forms – Right Now [Spearhead]
8. Fresh – The Gatekeeper [Ram]
9. DJ Hazard – Proteus [Playaz]
10. Critical Impact – Translation [Metalheadz]
11. Adam F – Metropolis [Metalheadz]
12. Mutated Forms – Crowlin [Metalheadz]
13. Jubei Patience – VIP [Metalheadz]
14. Rido – Focus [Metalheadz]
15. Basher feat. Xtrah – Convulsions [Ram]
16. Mutated Forms – Doubts [Grid]
17. A Sides – One DJ [ClearSkyz]
18. Mark System feat. Youngman – Hold It [Digital Soundboy]
19. Icicle feat. Robert Owens – Redemption (Alix Perez Remix) [Shogun Audio]
20. Lenzman – Open Page (Subwave Remix) [Metalheadz]
21. dBridge – Cornered [Exit]
22. Jubei – Alignment (Boddika Remix) [Metalheadz]
23. Mikal – Higher Forces [Metalheadz]
24. Wickaman & RV – Ev’s Dead [Ram]
25. J Majik & Wickaman – Old Headz [Metalheadz]
26. Commix – Be True [Metalheadz]
27. Goldie – Timeless [FFRR]

Wickaman & RV – Ev’s Dead [Ram]

got high hopes for this, tracklist looks mahoosive ..

just hope the mixing will be 'somewhat' decent :D

I'm pretty sure It will be mixed digitally, tracklist looks very good, If it is one thing you can rely on Goldie for, It is selection!

goldie cant mix cuz hes usually mash up in the dance, ive seen him more than once and saw him mixing just fine..

mind you its not Andy, goldie can still mix

goldie cant mix cuz hes usually mash up in the dance, ive seen him more than once and saw him mixing just fine..

mind you its not Andy, goldie can still mix

He can beatmatch.. most of the time.. wouldnt call it mixing though. But his selections always biggles and hes a don so he can get away with it.

Track by track breakdown

01 Rido feat. Thomas Oliver – Twisted [Metalheadz]
An inverted track: a kid that comes from the classical world first, that then got into engineering, and then it was like he almost had this dirty little secret. He made this hybrid music that he didn’t really think could cross it over into what we’re doing. Of course, on seeing him in Europe and meeting him a few times, I told him that this is the label that will allow you to do that. Using his classical composition and his background, I’ve been allowing him to understand the power of arrangement, and how he can be slightly more journey-minded in his music. Rido came to see me at a Red Bull lecture, and it completely turned him around in terms of how he does music. I told him, ‘It’s about arrangement, and it’s about the primal aspects of yourself, and allowing your spirit to make the music, and not to get caught up in the technology.’

02 Marcus Intalex feat. S.P.Y. – Celestial Navigation [Soul:r]
This track I’ve been playing for ages. For me, it’s probably one of his best tracks. Marcus is a very, very, very talented guy. He’s a very straight-up guy, very straightforward. But when he applies alchemy to his music it becomes something else. And I think that particular track is so euphoric, it gives you the feeling of hope. It’s one of those tracks that I always wish was on the label – for me, it’s like the bird that got away.

03 Lenzman – Lasers [Metalheadz]
This guy – if he wants it – can be one of the most prolific producers of this time. I tell you that without a shadow of doubt. He did a bootleg of Alicia Keys’ ‘Unthinkable,’ and it’s one of the most soulful things I’ve ever heard. He has the capacity to put the soul back into this music. ‘Lasers,’ to me, is probably Lenzman on a roller’s vibe; it’s a little less musical than he normally does, but it shows he has other aspects to his production skills. It just gets down to some primal funk. He’s always, to me, had this slight Detroit edge to him. If I play this to Mad Mike, I know Mad Mike would dig it.

04 Need For Mirrors – Lofar [Metalheadz]
‘Lofar’ is that dirty little Goldie aspect, that strand I have in me. It reminds of that big, underground, Blue Note straight-up track that ‘Rider [Grooverider] would probably draw back in the old days. Something that would really send me out. It’s a cross between Spirit and Dillinja for me, that kind of vibe.

05 Enei – One Chance VIP [Critical]
Kasra’s been looking after this guy, he’s signed to Critical. I just think that it’s one of those tracks that’s technically together, his sound is really beautifully future. This track’s been around for a while, but this particular VIP – it just has everything. It’s got the bottom end, it’s got the travel, it’s just sharp. I’ve never met him but hearing this I’m very curious about him; you hear something like this and you know he’s got so much more to give as an artist. This track reminds me of an artist that has distillation.

06 Subwave & Enei – The Mines [Metalheadz]
With ‘The Mines,’ I wanted to show the strand, so you can see the difference between Enei solo and when he works with Subwave. Subwave’s slightly more musical, I think he has a really mature sound. And I want him to realize how far he’s come in a year. A lot of artists – when they have 8 tracks, the last 4 – to make it a full album – can be the most difficult time in their lives. You need to be able to split their heads even more. ‘The Mines’ is a really good track, I like the expansion of it – and I think he’s only going to keep doing more powerful work.

07 S.I.N. & Mutated Forms – Right Now [Spearhead]
This tune has been one of my favorite tunes for the last four or five months. The buzz of that tune reminds me of rippled glass. And the whole future horn thing is amazing. I think the vocal says something about “right now,” and I just love the way it switches into really progressive drum & bass music. I want these guys to not worry about what anyone else says, and to keep making music like this. This is their best piece of work, the most free-spirited thing they’ve ever done.

08 Fresh – The Gatekeeper [Ram]
This is the kid that keeps reinventing his bloody self. He’s probably in my top five producers of all time, along with dBridge. I like how he’s alway been very clever with a vocal lick. And also, when you think about it – this is the same guy that made ‘Signal,’ this is the guy from Bad Company, these are the tunes he was infamous for, and yet he’s never stopped evolving. I also like how he’s not scared to show people he’s from the sample generation. That’s the problem I think with music – once everyone got all electro-synthy and listening to dubstep, everyone just wanted to work with synths again. There’s something good about mixing it up with synth and sample sound. I guess that’s what the old guard of Metalheadz was about as well, it incorporated that. Spirit was very good at that. When hip hop stopped using samples and went primarily synths, it became very boring for me. So I like having an alliance with that – you can be right on the edge without being cheesy – and always have integrity.

09 DJ Hazard – Proteus [Playaz]
This for me, is actually drum & bass on a wider tip. Some of his production is really up there as well. When you just flip it a little bit, and allow yourself to be a little more roll-y like that, it works for me. It’s the epitome of drum & bass – the typical tune, but a real good progressive tune that can work – nail on the head. You need tunes like this, to help get you in a switch up and make a more dynamic sound. You need to mix up the textures of what this music’s about.

10 Critical Impact – Translation [Metalheadz]
Critical Impact is a guy that hasn’t been on the Metalheadz label for a very long time. For me, I keep saying to him – he thinks about everything too much! When I got into his head about this tune, I told him to make something that was a homage to the old Metalheadz, but with a new little twist on it. And I think the proof lies in the track I mix out of it – Adam F’s ‘Metropolis’ – because to me, it sits so well with it. It’s almost like two members of the family meeting.

11 Adam F – Metropolis [Metalheadz]
One of the golden oldies I pulled out. One of the best things Adam F has ever made – ‘Metropolis’ has stood the test of time.

12 Mutated Forms – Crowlin [Metalheadz]
I’d been talking about doing a project with Mutated Forms for a while, and I liked the step of this one – ‘Crowlin’ is almost like it’s going through this page of love. I like the way they angled the vocal on it, but I also like the way they bring you through this section of twisted brass instruments, it just steps out. This has a little bit more of a raw vibe to it, which I loved.

Back
Top Bottom