Going raving on your own?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by ScottyEightSix, Jan 2, 2011.

1. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Anyone done it? I never would of bothered a few years ago, but my mates have become even harder to persuade to go into town let alone dnb or dubstep nights. Anyway about 2 months ago mates all sodded off an I decided to stay at a night in town at a dnb/dubstep night and ended up loving it I could stay in which ever room I wanted, wander round chattin shit to random people and was able to stay to the end without people complaining.
    I also ended up leaving my mates in a bar on NYE to go and catch Youngstas set which was 11 - 12 and was planning on meeting them straight afterwards, it got to closing time and I was still raving away. I did meet up with everyone afterwards, but I will definately be doing it again if I cant persuade someone to come out with me and I really want to see a dj/artists

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  2. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

yeah ive been to a fair few nights on my own, some dnb nights, some Slinkys and hard dance. its good fun, but sometimes a bit hard to get into, ive not done it out of chice, just as there has been no one else up for it. ive had really good fun and normally end up bumping into other random folks so not on own all night. id do it again if there was a night i really wanted to go to. and i know its not quite the same, but ive gone off for raves on my my own at festivals and that

3. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Yeah I bumped into a couple of lads from college so talked to them for a bit, ended up chattin bollox to some randomers for a while as well. But even when I do go with my mates I find myself wondering off from them anyway.

4. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Did it for years during my early 20s whilst living in Nottingham...

None of my mates there were really into d&b, mrs at the time was a trance/house head, so used to hit it all the time on my jeyes, too many sick nights in Notts at the time to miss!

In fact some of the heaviest weekends I can remember there, started with me going out on my todd. :)

5. Multeeplex

Multeeplex very drunken

sounds interesting... i think i might do that, too. gonna be in lancaster from tomorrow to april and i seriously dont know any person living in england. haha

6. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Yeah thought about this, none of my mates are that into the dnb scene so its real effort dragging then out.
    Always thing im gunna get raped if i go out alone though.

7. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Well, usually for a good few hours im in my own little world and get seperated, and im usually absolutely fine.

I think it depends what kind of event, and what crowd. Eg, i stick like glue to my mates at Playaz at Fabric cos you get quite a few cunts in there that scope out people on their own/people who are mashed. (happened to me, haha).

At hospitality nights, RAM nights, and more recently Raindance (my first raindance was nye <3) the crowd are usually fine, and i feel a bit more secure there, if that makes sense. :).

Went to a rave on my own once, which was a hospitality night where tonnes of my mates dropped out of going, and made like 6 friends, 2 of which im good friends with to this day.

Sounds to me like you need to broaden your circles of friends matey :) Whole point of friends is people you connect with and share interests with =P

8. JJEC

JJEC Active Member

Leebotwood, Shropshire, United Kingdom, United Kin
    And you scared the other 4 off? :p

9. Multeeplex

Multeeplex very drunken

got a question - is there like any dnb scene page where you have like a schedule for upcoming events in england? would love to plan a trip ...

10. Acid_Alli

Acid_Alli aka The Executioner

With the help of 'special naughty stuff', goin to a rave on your own would be the least of your worries.

11. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

not really... apart from dontstayin.com but it doesnt show even a third of the raves on

12. Multeeplex

Multeeplex very drunken

okay, thanks anyway

13. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Im working on a project currently which may be up your street bro, wont be ready to go live for a month or so though. lol

14. Gumby

Gumby New Member

this is my story too! just not in nottingham.

its the best way to meet new people.

often when people find out that i went out on my own they get all..
    OMG WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU MUST HAVE LEPROSY...
    and then im all like... SUCK MY BALLS, IF YOU DONT ENJOY YOUR OWN COMPANY THEN HOW CAN YOU EXPECT OTHERS TO, YOU INSECURE BEAST

15. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Fuck it, ive done a few of ventures on my todd, infact freinds can be the bain of a good night out, if you live close to home you can always skip off home and no one is any the wiser

16. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

do it all the time at festivals etc. lose everyone at 11ish and get back at half 7. you always meet people especially when pissed/high etc.

i've never actually done a club night on my own, i definitely would if there was someone i wanted to see, the only issue would be getting home - ie taxis etc

17. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

I'll probs be getting on this soon. Haven't been out in ages cos mates are all on about having no money (fair point I suppose)

I've been out and had mates drop like flies around me as it got later and later but never started a night on me own.

And as Dedbult pointed out, there is a chance you could end up gang raped and left in a ditch with a tramp using your corpse as a blanket. Chances are slim but its always a winner. The mark of a good night I recon...

18. PostmanPat

PostmanPat I'll cum in your arse.

Have thought about this a few times in the past but never had the balls to do it. It will happen one day though.

I imagine it would be quite exciting though? You can do whatever and go wherever the fuck you want, mental.

19. simon_schoon

simon_schoon Member

I did this just before xmas. None of my mates at uni really into drums much, except one guy who i have been going out with but he had to shoot home that weekend. Andy C was playing at the fav in leeds with dynamite, 2hr set. I contemplated not going, but in the end just thought why not. Best decision i made, he absolutely killed as per, met loads of random people and just generally had a quality night. To be honest though its all about finding a load of messy heads who are into the music etc to go out with. But thats easier said than done.....

20. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

I go to clubs on my todd but thats cos I know people are gonna be there but never gone on my own just to go. I'm sure it's a tad weird at first but if you meet people when fucked it probably gets better.

I went to DMC UK Final in 2000 on my own cos none of my mates wanted to come and it was the day of my 18th birthday. Ended up chatting to some guy and his missus on a random one. I ended up being mates with the guy years later through other people. Strange how the world works...