Going out when you none of your friends like DnB....

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by ItsLambyBiatch, Mar 16, 2011.

1. ItsLambyBiatch

ItsLambyBiatch New Member

This might sound pathetic, but here goes...

Ok so I'm 18, been into drum n bass for a couple of years now, but I don't have any friends who are really into the dnb scene. I mean they may like a few pendulum tracks, but not much more. If I do actually go out it's to something like subculture where I just end up standing around drinking and not doing much at all. Waste of money really.

It makes me sad that I've never heard dnb (or any decent music for that matter) on any sort of proper system. So what do I do? Does anybody actually go raves on their own in the hope of just meeting new friends there?
    If I dragged friends along I'd feel uncomfortable because they wouldn't be enjoying themselves really.
    So, what do?

2. JaceWzu

JaceWzu Member

My brother did a trip over to Europe a few months ago and went to a few dnb nights. He's not a fan of drum and bass at all but he still loved it, just because of the hugeness of the whole thing. So drag them along anyway.

3. Dmiize

Dmiize dj dmiize

I've got a mate from Russia who loves dnb, but his friends hate it.
    When he came to visit the UK he bought one of his friends over with him.
    He took him to a rave and gave him some MDMA, and he's loved the music ever since.
    So my advice is convince your friends to go raving with you, give them some MD, then they will understand. lol

4. dexter

dexter Member

hahaha... drugs..

5. ZackMRG

ZackMRG Circles are Pointless

Drum and Bass through a sick system is a completley different thing to crappy little speakers, sounds obvious, but feeling the bass is something else.

Plus Drugs.

6. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Just go to a small local night and make some new friends, it sounds daunting but people at raves are generally friendly nice people.

7. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

ill be your friend....

8. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Take your friends raving! I've taken friends who are really into their Rock and Heavy Metal and they've fucking loved it! MD definitely helps though to be honest.....

9. djslime

djslime Member

you can take me raving if u wana give me some MD :D

10. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

i always go raving on my own. i live near brighton and always travel to london. always have a good time meet loads of new ppl everytime

11. noronhaa

noronhaa fabricismywayoflife

ye defo take them, i got loadsa mates from home who all love dnb but went to uni n my main friends dont really like it but took them to a few raves n they always have a good time. and yes, drugs help..

12. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

If your friends really dont wanna go, go by yourself, its not as stupid or lame as it sounds.

13. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

Jus go by yourself man, drop a load of MD n you'll be mates with everyone in the club by the end of the night.

14. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Get them stone cold drunk. If they're anything like me, they'll dance to anything with a beat.
    Or like Slow said, try nd get to know people at your local dnb nights, facebook makes this alot easier

15. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

just go on your own - in my personal experience these nights are always the sickest. you dont have to worry about anyone and can just have a great night. :)

16. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

As said before just drag your friends along for one night it may change their minds, drugs will obviously help this.

But if they dont enjoy it then you can always go raving on your own, my friends will listen to dnb an dubstep but none of them love either as much as I do so I always find myself wanting to go to certain nights and unable to persuade anyone to go with me. So I have actually been to raves on my own an really enjoyed it see thread: http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?113707-Going-raving-on-your-own&highlight=

17. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

a rave is SO much more than just drum and bass, or whatever music you hear there, tell your friends they ought to at least try it out with you, they will NOT regret it, thats 99% certain, regardless of the kind of music they like

18. Dmiize

Dmiize dj dmiize

lol, stopped that stuff years ago...
    You get asked if you want any MD about 10 times on average at a rave anyway, it's really not that hard to obtain.

19. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Haha

Total reverse for me. Must get asked about 20 times per rave if I've got tings. Ranging from:

"YA GOT DE DIZZLE DER?!" to "Excuse me, but would you know where I might be able to obtain some MDMA?"

...strangely enough it's a very easy AND effective way to meet women. Naughty women. And I don't move lol

20. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

lol @ you lot who need drugs 'because it helps'. Just say its mixed genre djs...