going out of my mind, someone help :@

Dom!Reavers!

so basically been working on this idea for the last 8-10 days and this is what I got:

however i've realised the bassline is whack and have spent the last 6 hours trying to replace it, to no avail, i think the ideas would benefit more from a subby resonant bass rather than the bait wobble thats in there at the moment, but I just cant get a decent sound. needs to be big but warm and a little bit textured. has anyone got any tips to share on creating that smooth soulful bass sound? also is there anything else drastically wrong with the tune? getting to the end of my tether...

cheers guys :)

Liking the breaks and keys. Actually, I'm enjoying the vibe of the whole tune.

Maybe try a bassline with portamento so you can create a gliding bassline. I think that would give this track the extra funk it deserves. Furthermore, pitchbend the sub so that it mirrors the portamento bassline for extram "umph."

Cheers.

Im too much of a noob to add anything to THIS thread. but here goes. Instead of wobbling the bass, try automating it manually. Theres so much more emotion thats just stolen by the wobble. But really, I just wanted to say, that track is feeling so good!

like the intro alot, the piano sounds wicked

its sounds ok the bass.... it is a bit bait, one thing which might help is taking some of the high frequencies off? or scrapping it and going for long notes with long pitch bends?

the rest of the tune is lovely tho mate

like the intro alot, the piano sounds wicked

its sounds ok the bass.... it is a bit bait, one thing which might help is taking some of the high frequencies off? or scrapping it and going for long notes with long pitch bends?

the rest of the tune is lovely tho mate

nice one man, i already tried a lowpass, just kinda gets lost then completely and the subs not meaty enough anyway... thanks for all the positive feedback on the vibe of the tune im pretty pleased with it so far, just nailing this bass sound, i just downloaded 100 sampled analogue basses so im gunna try my hand at resampling one of those, the subs on them are huge and plenty of high end texture so should be fruitful hopefully, thanks for all the ideas and criticism :)

I understand what you mean about the bass, I think you can get away with literally a simple deep sub bass on this track, it doesn't really need that 'wobbly'-ish bass. Nice vibes on the track though. However, try putting that bass to good use on a different track. A good example (with a bit of work) where that sort of bass can be effective is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zspF5zMeaO0 different style of track obviously but that wobbly-ish bass can sit on top of a really deep sub and sound pretty good.

Last edited:
In like the drums a lot, got a good groove going.

Thing is,people have heard that liquidy track with the pianos and the delays and dubby percussion with the reverbs and the wobbly bass that goes on like "wubwubwubwubwubwub!" a million times before, so you gotta manipulate those elements a lot to make them sound fresh, make - nay - force people realize this is something you've put alot of effort into making and into making your own.

I could never find any tutorials for a nice fat yet smooth bassline but after hours of fiddling about, picking up brief knowledge and experimenting.. I found a bassline i'm really proud of. Although It's probably the most time consuming I gained a greater understanding from the sound you acheived.

Back
Top Bottom