Going out and not drinking on the weekends

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by MistaNoize, Jun 17, 2010.

1. MistaNoize

MistaNoize Mistanoize.com

Anyone do this?

Always been a bit of a drinker myself since i was a young
    back in my college days going to the pub for lunch was an everyday thing, then going out getting mashup on the weekends, then staying up drinking all through the morning and all day etc..

Still for the last 18 months or so, i hardly have drunk in the week at all, doesn't appeal to me, prefer training at gym and playing bowls and stuff

and recently, ive found myself going out on the (odd weekend) and just not having a drink... i found it really hard to resist at 1st... it can be fucking boring as hell not being pissed when everyone else is.... sad as it sounds... but thats how it is

try it, i bet most of you wont be able to do it,, thats if u got mates or are always on a session etc

its a good feeling taking it like a man and just saying no to booze once in while

gonna lean this towards people smoking weed and anything else 2.... some people do that instead of drinking

2. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

i do sometimes, i normally work either early sunday or saturday morning, so if we go out the night before il generally drive and not touch anything.
    saves money and doesnt make work seem even more interminable that usual

3. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

I don't drink much anyway.

I done some overkill when i was a yout and by the time i hit 18 i couldn't be arsed with it anymore.

Last week i had 2 bottles of beer (hardc0r3 ennit). Rest of the night i was drinking coke.

Doesn't really bother me. And when someone asks 'why i ain't drinking, it's only £1 a pint!!!!' I just stare at them with that 'i will take you outside and roger you into next tuesday if ask me again' look.

4. MistaNoize

MistaNoize Mistanoize.com

ever done a rave sober?... back in the day that just wouldn't happen

Still recently ive done sets sober if im playing a few places... getting on it early is gonna leave me twatted by end of the night and having to pull over pissing 5 times down the motorway in between gigs

5. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

I have a harder time saying no to buds more than anything. I just can't do it. If somebody's gonna offer me a bong hit there's no way I'm saying no. I need to sometimes tho cuz I come home and eat everything in the damn house. I get what you mean tho Noize. When my son was born that pretty much put a stop to my hanging out, drinking etc. It does feel pretty good. Just knowing your not thrashing your body like you used to. Then when you do decide to party a little bit, it's a little bit more special since you don't do it all the time time anymore.

6. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

To be fair.
    I do make up for being pretty much sober by smoking my body wieght in cigarettes on a daily basis.

If it's not one thing, it'll be another.

7. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

id like to knock booze on the head abit to be fair .. not appening tho

8. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I could not do this. I do like to drink. I give myself rest times which is normally a few days to a week at the most. I enjoy it though so fuck it.. and there's also a lot of places I couldn't handle sober. I also don't think I have ever done a rave sober... ever!

9. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i havn't drunk or been drunk since March (apart from the B'mouth Summerball the other weekend) but i have been raving without drinking (or taking drugs) and i have been out to bars with mates getting drunk where i have not drunk.
    Raving is really good fun without drinkin i been getting super dooper lean and going along and raving till like 3/4 in the morning and the best thing about that is you can park outside and get in teh car safe in the knowledge you can drive home without the fear of being pulled over for drunk driving.
    staying in or going to a mates house is also fine if everyone is getting drunk, i just hit up the cola and weed and it fine.
    BUT.... the one draw back is going on to bars/pubs with mates who are all drinking... it is boring as fuck if u dont drink. it starts off ok, but once everyone is drunk and no longer making much sense it just gets tired and old.
    But i love the whole not drining vibe, i, like you, used to drink every night... toward the start of uni i was drinking lik 6 bottles of stella (roughly) by myself at home every night, i had a fucking huge beer belly and was permanently tired.
    now i dont drink, i run and do like 400 sit ups a day and im looking pretty decent, and i never get tired, in fact i can barely stay asleep.
    so yeah I am all for the non drinking vibe.

10. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

I do this quite alot tbh, when im doing sets I usually have to drive to places and end up stone cold sober. Done a couple of big raves sober as well, the only problem I find is that I start to get bare tired around 4ish and end up turning into a bit of a cunt.

11. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

I have never done it, not once. I walk better if I'm chemically unbalanced.

12. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

If I didn't go out then not drinking wouldn't really bother me, but there is no way I could go down the pub or on a night out and not drink.

13. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

I can do raves and gigs without drinking no problem, i often do........... Impossible to go down the pub with a few mates though and not get ratted!

14. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Do you just stay sober completely.. or anythin else involved

15. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

i enjoy booze, i enjoy drugs, if i have commitments, i dont drink booze i dont do druugs, if i am not in my car or in work of something i dont do it, simple as...if i am not, i do. simplez *squarks from the side of mouth*

16. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I do this regularly when I'm playing sets as I have to drive and I need to be back in the morning for the kiddies.

17. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

i've done this and found myself going home early.

18. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

I can't give up doing anythiing except fags (smoked from 15/16-25/26), only smoke now when i'm out drinking, any other time i don't smoke.

Can't give up anything else though, i like getting on it too much.Doesn't matter what day or time, i'll stick it down me neck, up me nose or in my lungs i love it.

19. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

most of the time i dont stay sober, but on MANY occaisions i do raves or gigs TOTALLY sober, nothing involved at all.........Did the RATM gig stone cold sober the other week, but then went and got screw face at the after party!!!!

20. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

so you've not give up smoking then?????