Goin' old school.

Have you just grabbed two or three old jungle tracks and spliced them together here? Cos I recognise absolutely every element in here from original jungle tracks, and I mean every element.

Cant really call this your own can ya?

Lots of manz get away with playing spliced tunes ya gets me Fletch? Wicked tune still and you reached for the right amen so big up yer chest!

Classic double-barrel surname as well :2thumbs:

I'm all up for splitting tracks, cutting, chopping to fuck, ripping samples, re sampling etc etc but fuck me......Wasnt there a big thing around this forum a while ago about how using pre-made sample loops to build a whole track is kinda cheating and you cant really call it your own? Surely this is similar? Even if he added one or two original elements of his own.....woulda helped.

Dont get me wrong, the bits of tracks that have been used are classics, clearly the guy has a good taste for the old school. I just cant see how this can be classed as an original track yagetsme?

True the pre-rolled shit starts to sound the same if everyone's using it but this beat works for me. Personally on the negative side I'd say that intro doesnt look much fun to mix. Wish more producers would think of the dj when they're making their tunes.

Do you mix your stuff into other tunes Fletch?

not ripped, just a cut up an amen and used some bass then added some random samples in. still experimenting with the old school sound so far...

Back
Top Bottom