Goin' insane

DYS

Hey there,

I heard this track the other night at a random local club, and it blew my mind (well maybe not, but it was way cool). I'd never heard it before, and didn't recognise the artist, and I don't know who the DJ on the night was either, but nevertheless, I have started out on a quest to find this mystery track.

It was a bit of a melodic track with funky male vocals. There were at least two distinct sections which each repeated once or twice. These sections contrasted mainly because the one of them had DnB beats happnin', and in the other section, the beats broke down to a half-time (as opposed to double-time) rhythm. I know that this all sounds pretty standard, but you can see my frustration.
The bit that keeps looping over and over in my head is a part of the second section type that I mentioned, in which the half-time beat and the vocals are happening together.
For those who can interpret musical notes, I will try to describe the vocal melody in the section, as if the root note is C (c' means a high c):
c' bflat g f eflat c eflat f g

For those who don't understand this (I don't blame you), the melody kind of steps down,(an octave in total) for the first 6 notes, and then goes back up a bit at the end.

The first two notes are on the upbeat, so the first beat or kick drum of the phrase actually falls on the first g, not the c'.
This first g is also longer than the other notes, continuing for 3 counts while the others do not exceed more than 1 count each, except for the last note, which falls on the first beat of the next 8 count phrase.

The only actual words that I can remember fall on the last three notes (eflat f g), and are something like: "down real low" or "down real slow" or "right down low" or "right down slow"

This info may be completely useless, or it may just tweak somebodies memory. If it does, please let me know, as I will not be able to rest until I have found this track.

Thanks heaps

DYS

heres a try maybe...

it might be hi'n'low by arqer goodn luck

I heard this track the other night at a random local club, and it blew my mind (well maybe not, but it was way cool). I'd never heard it before, and didn't recognise the artist, and I don't know who the DJ on the night was either, but nevertheless, I have started out on a quest to find this mystery track.

It was a bit of a melodic track with funky male vocals. There were at least two distinct sections which each repeated once or twice. These sections contrasted mainly because the one of them had DnB beats happnin', and in the other section, the beats broke down to a half-time (as opposed to double-time) rhythm. I know that this all sounds pretty standard, but you can see my frustration.
The bit that keeps looping over and over in my head is a part of the second section type that I mentioned, in which the half-time beat and the vocals are happening together.
For those who can interpret musical notes, I will try to describe the vocal melody in the section, as if the root note is C (c' means a high c):
c' bflat g f eflat c eflat f g

For those who don't understand this (I don't blame you), the melody kind of steps down,(an octave in total) for the first 6 notes, and then goes back up a bit at the end.

The first two notes are on the upbeat, so the first beat or kick drum of the phrase actually falls on the first g, not the c'.
This first g is also longer than the other notes, continuing for 3 counts while the others do not exceed more than 1 count each, except for the last note, which falls on the first beat of the next 8 count phrase.

The only actual words that I can remember fall on the last three notes (eflat f g), and are something like: "down real low" or "down real slow" or "right down low" or "right down slow"

This info may be completely useless, or it may just tweak somebodies memory. If it does, please let me know, as I will not be able to rest until I have found this track.

Thanks heaps

DYS[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom