Goin clean...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by moriaty, Aug 10, 2006.

1. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

this thread is inspired from panty's Poison thread..

so ive come to the conclusion that ive fucked my body enuff, and that if i continue with on the same note, i wont get to see my 40th b day...
    my love for weed smoking, no exercise, and donner kebabs have been recorded on many occasions on this forum, and ive always been a cannabis ambassador, promoting its positive effects.

but...
    since of recently ive been feeling like a junkie..honestly,

first thing in the morning, spliff.. and not just one that is...

when i get to work (stoned ofcourse), all i can think of is my lunch break, so i can have a quick spliff...

back home from work, i got stuff to do, like send self promotion emails, sort out student loans/accomodation....nah, i'll have a spliff...

i should really have a mix, check for new tunes on the net, maybe even do sum doodles on Cubase.....
    fuck, i'll spliff myself stupid...

you may be thinkin, "so what? i smoke weed and get on with my days stuff"
    not me...ive been smokin so much of that skunk stuff, that i get paralyzed on the couch, watching scrubs over and over again...

the other day, i smoked about a 1/8 of skunk before i got to work... and thats a 2 1/2 hour timeline...

plus, apart from making me lazy, ive started to get these weird headaches.. like a tingling around my head, which has only gone worse the more i smoke..
    also feelin sort of breath on many occasions too...
    i mean, fuck man, the other day, i run to catch the bus, like 50 yards or summit, and i didnt stop gasping, until 20 min later that i got off the bus..

so...
    as of last monday, ive been 100% ganj free..
    this complements my meat free diet which started last week, and is part of a wider agenda, which includes regular visits to the gym and pool, planned to commence in a week on monday.

gotta say, quitting meat was much easier than i thought, but no weed has a bad effect on me. im a little better now, but the first two days where hell, well depressed/unmotivated, tho i have to say ive found amounts of will power that i never thought i had. Just the fact that me, dopefiend extraordinaire, managed to flush my last bag of weed down the toilet without second thoughts, made myself well proud.
    also, ive been testing myself by hangin round mates places, with heave spliff circulation, and sayin NO to every single bifter offered.
    damn, its hard work tho..

Most of my pals think im takin it too seriously, "comon man, its only herb, its not like youre addicted to it.."
    YES I AM FOR FUCK SAKE

ive been reading about it, and about 8% of cannabis smokers develop a psychological addiction to it.
    and, as in my case, addicts dont smoke to get stoned, but to just feel normal again, just like a heroin user..

i stil feel quite weak, and i cant have a good persepctive on my case until a fortnight clean (blood donors must be clean of recreational drugs for 14 days).

its been a long post, soz, but i gotta let sum stuff of my chest..

any advice, or similar stories more than welcome,
    HELP !!!
    :oops: :|

2. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Big up!

Its not going to be easy but at least your body isn't addicted and the temptation isn't always there (unlike cigs and booze).

I have a ring tone for a couple of guys that goes "Ganja man reload". Guess who its for, those acquintances that are addicted to weed. They're frigging junkies. I don't even call them friends, because I can't call somebody a friend who has to light up every half an hour, sticking their tokes in my face as if ( wanted to do same and is always fidgeting with the pipe, joint or bong.

If you're addicted to weed, your friends will treat you as a junkie because you're almost always smoking it, almost always lightly out of space, irritable if you're not smoking and looking for a hit if you don't have one.

That said, I drink a lot during Friday/Saturday night but I don't touch shit during the week (apart from literally one beer if I'm watching a dvd).

I'm looking to stopping that drinking sometime but I do have one month every year where I don't drink at all - detox.

Stay in there Gordo. A little bit of poison is nice but if you're doing too much, you're doing too much...

3. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

i have to take my hat off to you mate! i have tried to give the weed up several times and although i smoke a fair bit, i smoke no where near as much as you did (bout an Oz a month - though that was a henry a day a year ago!) i still haven't managed it (the best i did was 6 months tho!)

Having said that i've been totally off all other recretional substances for about a month now, i used to be getting through about 2g's of charlie a week and fuck loads of roundies and i haven't touched them since the beginning of July. It wasn't an addiction as such but i could feel myself getting moody in the middle of the week and realised i needed to knock it on the head, and i gotta tell ya, i feel a shit load better for it!

Persevere mate, you won't regret it.

4. Diz-E

Diz-E Member

Didn't your mom tell you to never be a quitter?

All jokes aside..congrats on kickin the habbit. I don't want to tell you not to stop, but instead; why not just slow down? Try just using it on the weekend, when you aren't pressed to do anything. Such as work, exercise, or eating healthy.

BUt if you see it as that big of a problem to where you completely have to walk away from it, then fine; do that.

But good luck and stay strong haha :carlton:

5. bbjohnson420

bbjohnson420 Member

Its a tough thing to do... After a while you forget about it... but for the first month or so its still in the back of your mind... I quit for a month and a half to land a new job but im back at it... I think its good just to take a break... I am a ultra productive person... I just like to do it while im working on something... something I should quit though is consuming so much alcohol... I drink everyday.. one redbull and vodka and a southern comfort and dr. pepper... on the weekends it starts at noon and ends when i say sooo... haha

Good luck to you though...

6. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

I didnt even mean to give up but i sort of did by accident. I moved away and couldnt get any...i was really busy anyway. I just stiopped thinking baout it and found i had shit loads of energy...

since thenive been really busy earning money and what not....got loads of stuff on the go now and the cash flow is healthy...i think that ain a weird way giving up ganj has had a positive effect on my bank balance!

its deifnately a good thing to do just to regain a bit of control.

I still smoke when im with other people that are blazing but i dodnt go out my way.

Plus ive started running and have given up fags...its amazing how good ive been feeling..it has a massive knock on effect...

i havnt got a bad thing to say about weed but life is too short to sit around all day, it goes way to quickly and things take time to do, if you wanna get where you wanna be you have to have balance or you end up another stoned fuckwit...(no offence to enyone!lol)

7. Diz-E

Diz-E Member

Balance. You used a perfect word. In a way i'm sort of like you, if its around; sure. I'm not going out of my way tho, or making any purchases haha.

8. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

well done, mate. :)

i've been off the green for over a month now. in fact, i haven't touched ANYthing illegal in that time. not a concious decision - just the way it's happened. and it doesn't bother me at all. i guess it's cos i haven't really been anywhere TO do anything, and right now, drugs are the last thing on my mind...

good luck with the 'new you'. :)

9. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

thanks for that peeps.

as far as balance goes, is out of the question.
    there been numerous times where i said, "ok, one spliff a day, just before i go to bed", only to wake up with a massive comedown head, and needin another spliff..
    the trick is not to keep any weed round the house..
    ive actually gone to the extent of deleting all my dealers numbers from my phone..

i almost got into a fist fight with one of my best mates(or so i thought) yesterday, coz he was calling me a quitting pussy, and tho he wasnt beeing 100% serious bout that, its fukin annoying havin someone waving baggies at you when you tryin to kick the habbit..tosser.

have to say, im still not feelin that much more energetic or motivated, and on many occasions i can feel my lungs shouting for some grass in to them. reckon its gonna take some time before i can really not think bout it at all..

gah..its hard job, and Jah better be takin notice and reward me with some pun tang..
    reckon one of the best ways to keep of it would be a clean female, whod just shout "NO" at me, like a dog trainer.....
    "woof babes!"
    **tongue out**

10. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

stay up gordo!!

11. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

:word:

Nice one Gordo, good luck mate!

12. mesh

mesh Active Member

:cry:

13. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

One of the toughest things to do, but one of the most rewarding imo.
    I was like that with pills and weed a few years ago (I was smoking about 1/2 oz a night and maybe 16 pills a week). I was at the point where I was waking up and immediately doing bongs sat in my bed. Ringing around my friends and seeing if there was any gatherings or parties, so that I could do pills and smoke weed, even if it was 4 people sat in someone's room listening to music.
    It was crippling me financially and damaging my mental health. It was causing problems with my university, and was causing problems with my family. I was just thinking shit all the time, nothing made sense.
    One night I literally was reduced to tears, because I knew what was happening to me but didn't know how to deal with it. So I decided to quit taking everything. I stopped hanging around my friends, deleted everyone's number from my phone, and got myself a full time job to use up all my spare time. I used to give my wages to my mum to look after to stop me from spending anything I didn't need to spend. I didn't drink or smoke or anything.
    I literally spend 6 months doing nothing but working and studying, I didn't visit anyone once during that time. I know it sounds drastic, but this is what I had to do in order to make it work because I was so far in it at the time.
    Afterwards I felt like I had really accomplished something meaningful. I was doing well at university, I had a good girlfriend who supported me, I had loads of money spare, and I actually felt content with my life. After that I would go around to my friend's house, and happily turn down a pass on the joint, or go to a party, not drink or do pills, and still enjoy myself just as much as everyone else there.

Gordo, I have the upmost respect for what you are doing, because I did it myself and know what it means to make a decision like this in your life.
    Keep your chin up and remember that you don't need drugs to make you happy :)

14. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

Respect Indi!

i have to say i fell off the bandwagon last nite, a mate had some coke and i couldn't say no :( Feel free to give me a virtual slap.

15. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

:grouphug:

16. josh

josh "LOUD NOISES!"

Well I'm all out, and flat broke until next Friday, so I'll be joining you for a week!

It's good to clear your lungs, and head, a little bit once in a while.

Never say never again tho!

17. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

keepin clean is fukin hard job man...

actually, last night night we had a gig on, and i got wankered on John Smith, and ended up havin a toke from my mates spliff, and let me tell, that toke fucked me up to the bone!!

i was a bit worried thinkin, "oh great, your back in to it again",
    but i woke up and the last thing i was after was weed..
    theres was actually a half smoke spliff in the ashtray, but i just smiled, and looked away..
    i think its starting to work man! Gord doesnt need ganja no more!!!
    :jacko: o_O :drums:

18. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

good for you! :)

like you, i think i'm happily at this stage now. it's a good place to be.

19. mesh

mesh Active Member

if occasionally smoking it gives you genuine pleasure, and you don't want it at the wrong times (when your'e not partying), good stuff I say

20. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

its been too long!! fuck knows how long i bin blazing for but it has to stop! i have a god awful cold at the moment and am attempting to smoke my way thru it, but im seriously having second thoughts and after reading this its sorta given me inspiration to quit.....but not just yet....

ok, for starters all my mates smoke draw, ALL! so, being surrounded by smokers makes it really hard to give up! i did go cold for 8months then went straight bak on it, buyin the occasional draw, but mostly just getin tokes of mates spliffs, but recently after a job and alot more money comin in ive been goin thru 8ths a day, aint good, and its true the bud goin rouund at the mo is giving seriously bad headaches.
    i made a pact wiv my mate after his free house im quittin simple as!
    wish me luck as ive said this many times before! but i think its just about time to stop, its really fuckin me up i just feel so lazy, dont wanna do shit dont really have anything goin on cause im just not motivated at all!

the only thing that annoys me the most is if i pack it in, i may end up being all on my own and every1 around me still smokin, an me sittin in the corner either drinkin myself silly or clucking for my fix so im probably gona be a sad lonley hermit and spend my nights in, and actually get somewhere with producing and mixing, probably get another job, and strictly keep it to goin out on weekends. i dont really wanna do this but i see it as the only way to stop, i just simply have to stop goin out with my mates, cause all they'll be doing is blazing.

btw do u still smoke ciggarettes?
    cause ide much rather quit smokin ciggs and sstay on draw.......but i cant take this life im leading its just the same shiit different day!! an its gettin really annoyin! plus most my mates would rather do fuck all with there night, go drive to a random location and blaze or go to a free house..so....................birds???................................................................................................................ where the fuck are they? u cant meet new women boxing your mates car out? i think if i pack it in, it'll be more money up town, which means girls, lots of girls!>>>why i dont go up town often -and do draw??? cause a. girls can spot a lean head a mile away! an b. i dont have that kind of money! i got a drug habit to feed! but im stickin to wat i said!

wish me luck cause i know im gona need it, end of this week and im gona be clean of draw and ciggs (yn)

-End of rant.... :gaywhite:

p.s i have only ever done half a pill (didnt feel anything) and a line of ching (thought it was fuckin shit, made me wanna yak) so im pretty clean and i dont have anything else to give up accept maybe drinkin cause thats starting to be a problem.....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006