Goat carting dub (free dub tune)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Stiffer, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

2. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

I like it mate. Even though its dub and dub does have loads of reverb it think that the track would benefit from a little less. Sounds and basslines are sweet though :)

3. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

cheers for the feedback mate, i think you're maybe right, there is lots of verb and delay running all over this track, that was basically to get the vibe of dub, they did over use it back in the day, hence why i have ploughed loads in there, i think i managed to achieve what i wasa aiming for, although the mixdown was a bit of a bitch :)

thanks anyways

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

fuck me, very impressive my man! been trying to get into dub myself... defo pon ze DL

you use a lot of dub samples for this or just your dnb ones used in a dubby method?

5. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

for the drums its just my usual dnb hits, i've lowpassed the kick so it doesn't have as bigger smack tto it, delayed then reverbed 2 standard snares, and used some shakers and a couple of hi hats, the bongo's are a sample as are alot of the musical elements, ive chopped the samples up and rearranged them to give it the flow.. but yeah i think alot of nu skool dub is heavily sample orientated, so its about finding several nice samples and getting them to gel together.. i'm glad you like it mate :)

6. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

thats what i'd hope you would say... thats kinda my production style anyways!

7. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

anyone else care to comment :)

8. Stiffer

Stiffer Member